13. rainy days

The rain hasn't stopped pouring. It's been more than 2 hours. I stood at the front of the school, watching the kids walk away under their umbrellas. My driver was gone to get a car fixed at the last moment, telling me he'd be there to pick me up soon.

"Hi princess" the voice made me turn around, only to meet with his eyes. 

"Want me to drop you off?" Taehyung walked closer, putting me under his umbrella over me, his other hand pushing me forward to walk with him. 

"Yes, please. My driver is running late " I smiled, looking at him and then turning away.

"Ya, I see that" he hums, his grip around me only pulling me closer. 

"byee lovebirds" a wild Cara went running beside us, covering her head with her bag. "Call me when you get home" I shouted at her from behind to which she raised her hand.

We reached Taehyung's car and he opened the door for me, keeping the umbrella above me until I sat in. He walked around the car and I saw the back of the shirt, a little wet. A blush crept on my face.
I don't know why.

There's just something about these small things that he does and it got me melting.

He sits in, putting the wet umbrella in the backseat. 

"So we're ready?" he says, pulling on the seat belts. 

"Yeah.." I said, doing the same. I was putting the buckle of the belt into the latch when Taehyung's hands rested over mine, his body leaning towards me.

"Tae-" his lips blocked my words. The cold of his skin, gliding over mine. A sweet and short one. "I missed you" he pulls back.

No matter how hard I try to tell myself that Kim Taehyung has no effect on me, it'll never be true. It's just in him. To pull me in. all of me. And Make it his own.

"Tae" I held his hand. My voice is heavy over the dribbling raindrop on the glass. "We can hang out at my place," he says. It leaves me to wonder if he does mind reading. Cause I wanted to go anywhere but that damn house.

My mask doesn't work around him. Either he's good at reading me or I'm very vulnerable under him.

My silence was enough for Taehyung to start the engine and drive away.

"Princess" his hands stay intertwined with me. "Hmm?" I keep looking outside the windows.

"I love you" his thumbs moved over the back of my hand, caressing it. "I love you too" was all I told him.

I didn't know what those three words meant to me. Meant to him. All I knew was that it felt good.

Whenever he told me that he loved me. It makes me feel good. Makes me calm. And I can't help but say it back. As if my brain wanted to reciprocate the action but my heart held back the emotions behind those words.

-

He pulled into his driveway, and it had stopped raining. We went straight through the stairs into his room. No one is home. "Want me to run you a warm bath?" he says, throwing his bag in the corner, now working on unbuttoning his shirt. "Only if you join me," I say. Taehyung chuckles, smirking hard, and then turns to look at me.

He slipped his shirt off, "of course"

-

I swayed my hand in the warm water, watching the ripples erupting from it. Taehyung silently leaned against the tub, his one hand enclosed around me, drawing soft and slow circles on my skin, the other resting in my head, combing through the strands.

"You know you can run away for as long as you want right?" Taehyung suddenly speaks. I sigh...only if he knew. 

"I wish taehyung. But for how long? She will still be there. Next month too. And me? I'll be running away just like right now."

Taehyung pulls you closer, the water moving around you.
"It'll be alright. Just a few more months". He assured me.

Taehyung had planned to run away. The moment our school was done. He has planned to move us into an apartment in the States, away from everyone. His family was supportive. They found our pair perfect. Taehyung had to Handle the business in the States anyway, so I connected the dots and guessed that they wanted us to get married and settle there.

a dream I never wished to come true.

-

He was warm. Taehyung never felt cold. He always embraced this warmth around him and I found myself melting in it. It started raining again, this time the clouds were dark and violent. Taehyung rested himself on the glass windows beside his bed, I lay between his arms. Our bodies intertwined with each other.

His soft shirt hung around my figure, barely covering anything. Despite being shirtless, Taehyung still emitted warmth.

It's always like this with us. Silence

Silence spoke so much that we didn't need to use our voice. At Least that's what I think. But me and Taehyung understand each other. To the point that he knows that I need silence so he wouldn't dare to utter a word until I speak first or it's an emergency.

It's always like this with us. Understanding.

Taehyung can read me like an open book but can be stubborn enough to make impulsive decisions over my emotions. But this goes one way. I don't know him. I don't know what lies within him. Except that one thing.

Love.

His love for me is just so much that he couldn't hide it. No matter how he tried. At first, it was scary cause even I couldn't bring myself to love someone to this level. But taehyung. He was selfless. He loved me unconditionally. I knew very well that if that man had to destroy a city to see me. He would do it without any second thoughts.

It's always like this between us. Fear.

and That is exactly what I feared. And he was afraid too. Afraid of losing me.

"Tae," I whispered.

 "Yes princess" his voice barely came out, his chest thrumming with every syllable and I felt it.

"Will you run if I tell you to?" And like every time, he understood what I meant. His slender fingers rested in my damp hair. 

"To where?" He asks.

I smiled and he mimicked me.

"Away from me"

He softly pecked my forehead, Looking straight into my eyes.

"I will. But my heart won't" 

A/N
ok....so we were a little emotional there. this was just a flashback to what their relationship was like. next chapters will be more focused around jungkook 

(spoiler: its spicy)

bye~