9. surprise!

⚠️ warning ⚠️
Mention of bl00d and gore imagery. Refrain from reading if uncomfortable

Jungkook ended up taking me to my house, for more comfort reasons. He was indeed shocked to see that I was living just beside him. We didn't talk much because Jungkook was respectful enough to let me gather my emotions and not interfere more than needed.

But as time passed after jungkook was treating my ankle, the pain grew with even a minor movement of my ankle. When he tried to make me stand on my own, I let out the most agonizing scream of my life. I thought I was about to die.

The pain was so bad that it was unexplainable. Jungkook didn't waste another second in taking me in my car and drove straight to the hospital. After the checkups and tests, it turns out that I got a ligament tear.

The doctor did the required procedure and got me admitted to the hospital for further treatment. Throughout this process, Jungkook made sure I was taken care of and stayed with me the whole night even when I asked him to go home.

I didn't want to let my mom know about the problem and she wouldn't have done anything about it anyways so having jungkook around me helped.

It was about dawn when I finally went to sleep and woke up at 12 the next day. The nurse gave me the medicines and the doctor came for the check-up. I didn't know where Jungkook was the whole time. Maybe he went home in the morning.

I was too exhausted and sleepy due to heavy medicine doses that I laid on my bed to sleep again only for the nurse to enter my ward again. "Miss, someone left flowers and a gift for you in the morning. I forgot to give it to you earlier" she speaks and comes forwards with a bouquet of heathers.

And this time they weren't purple. They were white.

"Do you know who gave these?" I asked, immediately. "No. I found these in the office with your name and ward no. So I brought it to you. No one was seen putting this there" she speaks, handing me the bouquet and the box before leaving.

I stare at the flowers, tired of this unending curse. This person didn't even leave my hospital. It's been so long since this became a part of my daily life, but every time I see these flowers I get reminded of having eyes over me. The sense of bondage that got me in a stronghold.

This person probably knows every shit I've gone to and still decides to add up to my problems. Living in a prison is better than living like this. I'm afraid I won't be able to handle this much longer.

The bouquet starts to burn in my hands, its nonexistent thorns piercing through my skin and I ended up throwing them across the room as they hit the wall and shatter into fragile pieces.

My teary eyes moved to the box, my shaky hands pulling onto the ribbons around it. I wiped my tears away and took a deep breath before opening the lid.

Maybe I forget to breathe. Maybe I was hallucinating. Maybe I've gone mad.

I scream at the sight, immediately push the box off my lap and let it fall to the ground as the beheaded organ jumps out of it.

It was Kim Taehyung's.

I didn't get to think further when a very worried Jimin entered. "What happened? Are you okay?" He asks, probably hearing my voice. "Take it away. Please just-" I shout, my face buried in my hands.

Jimin walked further inside to observe the box on the floor with the head a few steps away from it. "This m*other fucker killed taehyung, omg" I kept wailing at the thought.

Someone is obsessed to the point they are ready to kill the people around me.

Jimin crouched to the floor and took the beheaded taehyung in his hands, observing it. Being a crime lawyer he was somewhat used to gore things.

"It's fake," he mumbled. "Throw it away jimin. Take it away from me" I say, not daring to look in its direction. "Yn, it's not real. This is wax with fake blood" Jimin said.

"Whatever it is jimin. just please take it away" Jimin stood up, collecting the box. "Ok, ok you need to calm down yn, deep breaths." He reminded me before going to dispose the box. "How do you expect me to stay calm in this situation, Jimin? This guy is out there killing people" my voice elevated, frustration taking over me.

"He is not yn". Jimin speaks calmly, walking towards me as he sits down on the little space on my bed. "I just found out taehyung was again attacked and is admitted in the central hospital for major fractures. With his head still intact" he explains.

"Then what about that fucking thing?" I asked, referring to my sweet 'gift'. "It's fake. Made of wax or something " I hold my forehead in irritation, fed up with this continuous drama. "What does he want from me?" I needed to break free.

"What's that?" jimin asks, looking at the flower. "The nurse gave it to me with the box. She doesn't know who sent it," I said, giving it to him.

"Do you know what these flowers symbolize?" I shake my head in a 'no'. "They symbolize protection." that straight up didn't make any sense to me.

"You mean this person is protecting me?" I huff, crossing my hands in disbelief. "No. not until today. Earlier he just focus on admiring you from afar but maybe the recent incident has made him protective towards you".

"Bullshit. He's tricking us. It's a fucking play to divert us" I was buying this nonsense. "What is there to protect me from? He is the biggest threat in my life anyways." Honestly, the thought of his existence lurking somewhere around me suffocates my mind. My consciousness is tied with chains that he holds.

"Taehyung" Jimin speaks. "He's protecting you from taehyung"

"What?"

"Yes. It totally makes sense now. He's attacked Taehyung twice. First, he left with a scar on the head which was ignored. Just so he can leave a big impact, Taehyung is now partially immobile".

My head started hurting from this mess. I needed a break. I just want peace for once. "Whatever. He can keep making impacts and continue to make my life hell"

Jimin continues to comfort me as I told him about what happened yesterday and how jungkook helped me through. He told me that he was trying to contact me since morning to tell me about taehyung but my phone was dead eventually leading him here. He soon left as the visiting hours were over and I was again left alone.

My mind was tired and I finally drifted off to sleep.