10. a Lil help

"You're good to go. Just make sure to continue compressions and don't strain your legs too much for a few days." The doctor instructed me as we were getting ready for discharge.

"Thank you so much, doc" he smiles at me before leaving. I started gathering my things, making sure I'm not leaving anything behind.

Jimin was kind enough to dispose of the bloody box for me.

I was about to walk out when suddenly the door opened itself, revealing Jungkook, huffing and breathing heavily. 

"Where were you?" I ask, walking out of the room.

"Got stuck with the paperwork," he explained as we started walking our way out of the huge hospital "For the whole day?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Before that, I had some work. Anyways, how's your ankle?" he asks, diverting the topic and trying to be least interested in the conversation. 

"Why do you suddenly care? Just go home" I speak, matching his tone.
"We came here in your car," he says, fixing his hair back. Giving me a moment to observe his chiseled face and sharp jawline.

"Fortunately, we live in an era where a system of cabs exists." I say, maintaining composure with a slight playfulness in my voice. 

Jungkook chuckles before responding.

"This is how you thank me. I think you didn't learn your lesson from last night" my brain plays our conversation like a movie projected into my head.
"I was just playin' around you know" I trail off my words with a string of laughter. 

"Lies don't look good on those lips, sweetheart" his thumb runs over my jawline before he trots towards the car, swiftly sitting inside.

Leaving me absolutely flabbergasted. I must've lost my shit in the past few days over this guy but never have a man made me feel so struck with his presence. 

As if someone clicked on a button, jungkooks the whole personality switched 180 degrees. This man is dripping with a dominant aura that's definitely making its way past my shells and straight into my vulnerable heart. 

The car honk dragged me back. I walk toward my side and sat down. "I can drive you know" i said placing my things in the back seat.

"No you can't. I talked with the doctor and he told me everything" i says, fixing the mirrors. i sigh. I can't win with this guy. 

He starts driving. I keep my eyes straight on the road. But my peripheral vision lands on his hands.

The vieny and inked hands working thier way, controlling the huge vehicle with no problem.

"Yn" his voice rumble in the void. "Yes" i turn my whole attention to him. something is wrong with me. why do i feel so intimated by him? 

"Taehyung-" " ya i got to know. He is in the central hospital" i cutted him, trying to avoid the conversation.

I don't want him knowing that i have a stalker continuously lurking around who is also the one responsible for taehyung condition. 

"Do you feel bad about him?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"No fuck- of course no. Why would I?" my hands trying to make up for the loss of words.  

We settle in silence once again as the car halts at the red light.

"So... do you wanna talk about yesterday?" He asking, hitting around the steering wheel at the beat of the soft music. I take a deep breath, going through a hundred thoughts at a time. 

"Why? I just don't get it why?" I speak, feeling irritated

"what-"

" why are you suddenly helping me jungkook?"

I look at him, our faces inches apart. He doesn't dare to move back, neither do I.

"The first day you met you, you've been helping me through everything. Th-this is not me. I don't need help" my eyes are welling up at this point. But it takes jungkooks hand on mine for me to breakdown in tears. Yet again. 

The signal turns green and jungkook is forced to look away from me and start driving.

I scramble back to my seat, crossing my hands over my chest, trying to stop my heart from coming out. 

He immediately pulled over.

"Look at me" he ordered but i continue to cry my eyes out, looking outside.

"Yn. I said look at me" i close my eyes and turn my redened face towards him. 

His hands travel up my cheek, errupting goosebumps all over my spine. The pad of his thumb works across my lashes, wiping out every tear.
"You know these tear are not from defeat." His voice possessed me to open my eyes. 

"Everyone is worthy for a break. A Lil help. A hand. That doesn't make you any less stronger. No matter how much you act strong, you're only human. Who's fighting through life.

I want you to be proud of yourself. For being able to face shit and still stand strong without giving up. I'm proud of you yn"

My heart cries out at his words. Words the child inside me dreaded to hear. Who just wants to make her parents proud. Who just wanted to make them happy.

Even if I hated being vulnerable like this. but with Jungkook, it felt just right.

"I'm sorry" I say, wiping my tears and pulling back, letting his hands fall down from my face.

"Let's go" my voice wobbled, but Jungkook just hummed and continued driving. 

Soon we reached our apartment going to our floor in the same lift. Walking till our doors.

"Umm..." I mumble as I look for keys in my purse. "Thank you...for everything" I say, looking in his eyes before reverting them back again. 

I can't see but I just know a smile lifted his face. "Don't thank me. It's nothing" he says, opening the door to his apartment. "Also, you don't need keys for the door with a passcode" he smirks before vanishing inside his home. 

A.N.
Ik it might be a boring chapter but a Lil important one. The next chapter is a Lil spicy. This story will go beyond romance so stay tuned for more thrill.

Also, the jungkook in the starting is what I imagine him as in this book..hot and nerdy ahhh.