8. solace

"No, you tell me yn. What is it there that's making Choi yn tremble? What are you hiding?"

his eyes pierced through mine. His hands worked on his button, slowly opening them one by one. 

"Sweetheart" his hand swiftly wrapped around my waist, pulling me toward him with a jerk, my palms landing on his now bare chest. His other hand, lifted my chin with his index finger, so close that if one of us speaks, our lips will unite. 

"Even if you don't tell me, I know everything," he says as his lips brush against mine with every word. As if someone took away my ability to speak, I just stood there, looking into his never-ending eyes.

"I don't hate you. So don't make me hate you"

He moves away, our eyes still not daring to look anywhere else. He continues to unbutton and slowly removed his wet shirt. My eyes land on his inked arm, a beautiful add-on to his physique. My brain keeps telling me I've seen something like this before until it clicks me.

My neighbor. The hot neighbor.

It's jungkook?

It was a surprise in itself to witness such a muscular body and bold moves from the well-known nerd, now he's also the hottest guy I've been crushing on for days.

"Before your eyes start to actually eat my abs, I'll take my leave," he says, swinging his shirt over his shoulder and starting to walk away. "No wait- ouch" I run after him, but end up twisting the same leg again.

He stops, turning around to look at me holding my leg. "Are you hurt?" He asks, walking back to me. "My ankle-" I wince, holding on to it tighter. "Here. Can you stand up?" He offers me his hand, and I try to get back on my leg, only to end up falling.

"It's ok you can go. I'll call Cara-'' Before I could talk further jungkook's arms picked me up like I was an empty cardboard box. "Jungkook-" "Shh. I can't leave you here lying on the ground when you're immobile"

I ended up smiling to myself, wrapping my hand around his bare neck. "Thank you '' I muttered, to which he subtly shook his head. "You should be '' I knew his words referred to our previous conversation.

We reached the parking area where his bike was standing. "I hope you're familiar with speed," he says, swiftly sitting on the seat with me still in his lap. He place me on the seat in the same position he held me. "Jungkook, we can't sit like this, '' I protested. 

"You're hurt" he speaks with underlying rage in his voice. 

"It's not safe-" "Shhh '' he puts his finger against my lips. "You talk a lot" With that he switched on the car and gave a full race, revving up the engine. My body erupted with goosebumps as the vibration traveled throughout my body.

"Let's go. Hold tight" he says, reversing the vehicle out of the parking space. And before I could process, Jungkook drifted off at full speed. I held his upper torso tightly, not ignoring the fact of how soft and smooth his skin is.

I look around at the slightly bustling city, beaming with light everywhere. The speed made it look like I was in a movie, a scene with the glowing moon under which a bike runs in all its glory with the main lead feeding a core memory in their brains.

And now it's me, creating a core memory. With jungkook.

Being Always secluded from the world while at the same time shown as a showpiece on a shelf, I was never able to understand what some things felt like. Like right now, I didn't know how it felt like to ride a bike, but now I do.

The world has only shown me judgment ever since I was little. Everyone was ready with their side of the story. But no one ever cared to know what fate has written on my pages of life.

"Yn" I snap out of my thoughts. "You're crying" jungkook looks at me before looking back on the road. I didn't realize when these tears started. I never cry in front of someone. I don't cry in general. But maybe all these weeks of loneliness and suppression are now showing itself.

"I- '' my voice turns out to come even weaker and croaked. Jungkooks hand ride up my face to wipe my tears away. "Is your leg paining?" He speaks over the noise of the air. "No" I whisper, shaking my head too.

He look at me again, before he wrapped his arm around me securely, pulling me closer to his chest. "It's ok. Let it out" as if my mind was waiting for the green signal, tears burst out of my eyes, pain seeping out through every drop.

I never felt this alone throughout my life. Even after being surrounded by so many people, I still found myself in painful solitude.

 With all the things that have happened, starting from my stalker to my break up with Taehyung and the media drama, I didn't get a chance to voice out what I was feeling.

I feel suffocated.

I want freedom.

And this moment right now, when I've let these tears escape their cage, I get that piece of freedom in me. Freedom no one has ever provided me. Not physically, but freedom to my thoughts and emotions. Jungkook was the one giving me a part of my solace.

Eventually, I calmed down, and neither of us talked until we reached my home. Or maybe his. He didn't tell me where he lives so I'm waiting to see it myself.

He parks the bike in the lot, killing the engine before picking me in his arms again and slowly standing off the bike. He walks inside the complex as a few passersby give us looks to which Jungkook appears unaffected. "Are we going to your place or mine?"

Jungkook seems to freeze at the moment. For the first time ever, I saw Jeon Jungkook turning nervous. "What do you mean? Of course, we are going to my place since we are in my apartment building" he scoffs nervously, walking inside the empty elevator.

"Well, this might be a coincidence but I also live here" I speak, internally blushing for no reason. "I've never seen you before," he speaks, not making eye contact even once. "Neither have I'' I say, admiring his tattoos from up close, replaying the memory of how I saw my neighbor long before.