No Rest For The Righteous 

After the last class of the day, Phe raced to the library, easily beating Bianca. She collapsed onto the couch and closed her eyes, thankful for the moment of peace. But it was only that; a moment.

She heard the stampede of footsteps make its way down the stairs into the library. And maybe it was the utter exhaustion, but tears welled in Phe's eyes. She just wanted to be left alone. Why couldn't they just leave her alone?

"Looks like your suitors are ... here." Bianca had started with a teasing tone as she walked into the corner, but her voice dropped at the end at seeing Phe. She may not like the girl, but she wasn't a monster. She had sympathy. "Are you crying?"

"No!" Phe aggressively rubbed her eyes as dark purple veins started to spread on her jaw and down her neck. "Just leave me alone." She stood up and started to leave. "Why can't everyone just leave me alone?" She had raised her voice but it wasn't quite yelling. She stormed past Bianca. "Enjoy the fucking corner." She then ran through the library and up the stairs, pushing past the vampires and ignoring them for the first time. She just wanted to get to her dorm.

Bianca watched the girl leave. She could tell Phe was exhausted. It was clear as day with the bags under her eyes. She began to think that maybe Phe was telling the truth about not liking the attention. She had always assumed that because she indulges them it was because she liked it. But maybe she's just polite. But then why would she avoid Bianca without ever meeting her? She didn't know. A lot of things about Phe weren't adding up. Like those veins that grew on her jaw and neck.

But she did know one thing. No one who likes being the center of attention cries while asking to be left alone. Maybe Phe actually didn't like the attention. Who would anyway? Well, maybe someone out there would. But that someone clearly wasn't Phe. Bianca actually kinda felt bad for her. She knows she would hate how all the fangs were acting if it was her. Then again though, if it were her it would've been put to a stop on day one because she would've snapped at them. She never would've indulged them, and definitely not for a week.

Bianca sat down on the couch and sighed. The victory of having the corner now feeling sour. But there was nothing she could do about it so she pulled out her textbooks to begin studying. She may have sympathy for Phe, but she still doesn't even like her. Which is to say it isn't her problem. Though she'll make sure to scrap her future comments about Phe liking the attention. She'll need to come up with new material.

She began studying, but didn't get very far before, "I thought I'd find you here." Bianca looked up from her textbook to see Xavier leaning against the bookshelf. "You always did come here after last period. Even if I wanted us to do something together."

Bianca bit her lip as she looked back down at her textbook. She didn't like the way he said that. It felt very ... manipulative? Like she was wrong to want to focus on her education. That and she couldn't get what her friends said out of her head. That she was basically his second choice. The back up plan because he couldn't be with Wednesday. She didn't want to believe that though. So she didn't.

"It's not my fault I have to study."

Xavier shrugged. "I didn't say it was. Text me when you're done and we can go do something."

Bianca nodded silently and Xavier left. She went back to studying, though now a part of her felt bad about it.

Meanwhile, Phe reached the dorms. Only it didn't grant her the peace she wanted because she found a shoelace hanging from the doorknob; Rosa and Lonnie were having sex. She groaned. Now what? Unless she's in the dorm the vampires always bother her. Only three people can keep the vampires away and two of them are having sex and Phe has no idea where Yoko is. But if she goes to find her then she'll undoubtedly be swarmed again. What to do? What to do? Well, there was one other dorm she could go to. Bianca is in the library so it's not like she's there. Okay, official dorm time it is.