1 | back to work

this is the third book to my wish you were gay series. please do not read this if you have not read wish you were gay or made for you. you will not understand anything.

k, happy reading!

-

"no no no you're doing it all wrong," billie laughed as she moved my fingers that were struggling to strum her ukulele.

"what how?" i furrowed my eyebrows. "you said c chord d chord g chord-"

"right and you're strumming a chord c chord and f chord," she laughed.

"fuck this," i gave the ukulele back. "i knew i should've just asked you to teach me piano."

"cmon let's try again," she chuckled, handing the ukulele back to me.

"nope i'm good," i gave it back to her, and got up from the chair. "i rather just listen to you play it."

i then heard a ding coming from my phone, letting me know i had got an email. i quickly grabbed my phone to check it. but i was disappointed at the sight.

"what's wrong?" billie furrowed her eyebrows.

"huh? oh i'm just.. sick of getting hospital bills," i chuckled, not looking at her.

"here just let me pay-"

"girl no," i laughed, shaking my head.

"okay let's go half-"

"billie no," i chuckled. "i got it."

she playfully rolled her eyes. "booo don't be like that."

"we already go half on the bills in this house," i started. "i think i can handle my medical stuff honey."

"us going half on the house is totally different then-"

"okay all this talk about bills is gonna drive me nuts," i put my hair into a ponytail.

"well think about it like this," she started as she walked up to me. "soon we'll be on the road so you won't have to worry about bills," she shrugged with a smile.

i playfully rolled my eyes and turned around. "i know i know," i giggled. "don't you wanna make breakfast?"

"isn't it your turn?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"since when do we take turns?" i tilted my head.

"oh right because you never make breakfast-"

"oh alright alright never mind i'll make it," i laughed. "but only for me," i teased as i started to walk out the room.

"if i don't see a fully loaded breakfast burrito within the next 30 minutes someone's gonna be in trouble," b chuckled.

"oh? what kinda trouble?" i peaked my head back in. "because i like trouble."

"i'm sure you do," billie laughed. "nasty ass."

"right yeah so what kinda trouble we talking about?" i asked again as i walked up to her.

"the kind where you need to go make my burrito," she laughed.

then i just fell on top of her, putting all my weight on her on purpose and having us both fall on the bed.

"lani get off," she laughed.

"nooooo," i dragged.

she then flipped me over and pinned me to the bed. "you really wanna do this now?"

"yes," i bit my lip. "i really do."

then we heard the front door open.

"the queen has arrived," margie yelled.