7 | a nightmare

"leilani fucking rose," jacob smirked as he sat in the chair next to mine. "long time no see."

i was so shocked, i couldn't even speak. i haven't seen him in YEARS. from the time i've been back in hawaii, i've somehow managed to avoid his ass.

so why soon as billie leaves, i see him????

he set another drink down on the table before asking "this seat taken?" as he rose his eyebrows with a smirk, finding humor in my reaction.

"yeah," i lied, snapping back to reality. "it is."

he squinted. "by who?"

"casper," i said.

he rolled his eyes. "still a smart ass, i see."

"jacob," i sat up in my chair. "there's so many chairs around here. why are you sitting there?"

"when i pulled up, i recognized your jeep," he shrugged. "i just thought we could catch up."

"i'm good," i fake grinned.

he noticed the ring on my finger and rose his eyebrows. "so you guys really got married huh? that wasn't a big publicity stunt?"

"no," i blinked. "i don't do all that shit."

"so you two are serious?"

i squinted. "yes, very serious. yes."

"so you aren't looking for anybod-"

"jacob cmon," i shook my head. "leave me alone."

"well i mean i bought you a drink," he gestured to one of the smoothies on the table. "you could give me some time of day."

i squinted at the glass. "did you poison it?"

"right like riley would let me get away with that," he scoffed.

i just looked at him.

"it's a sunrise sunset," he smiled. "your favorite."

i looked at it then back at him. "im good."

"hmph," he started. "are you really still thankless?"

"are you really still a rapist?" i rose my eyebrows.

his entire facial expression dropped. "i did not fucking rape you," he said sternly.

"in the 3 years we were together," i started. "i can't count on two hands, how many times i actually consented to having sex with you," i said sternly as well.

"who's fault is that leilani?" he rose his eyebrows.

i just huffed. "you're such a dick."

"what are you gonna do about it?" he furrowed his eyebrows. "call the police on me?"

"i could," i shrugged.

"and tell them what lei?" he tilted his head. "my ex boyfriend raped me for 3 straight years and i stayed with him?"

at this point, i was fighting tears. and he could see that.

"oh give me a fucking break," he chuckled.

i still couldn't say anything.

"billie isn't here to save you now huh?" he rose his eyebrows, chuckling.

i quickly grabbed the cold smoothie, took the top off, and threw it in his face.

he was so shocked that he kinda froze. i then grabbed the other smoothie from his hand and dumped that one on his head.