25 | you ready?

2 years later

                                 - billie's pov -

i woke up early to run to the store and grab some groceries. i decided to go to the local farmers market to get some fresh items.

leilani and i love coming here together. i wish she could've came with me today but oh well.

i don't mind going alone.

i grabbed a bunch of fresh produce, along with some other things and made my way back home. i parked the car and brought in the paper bags of food items and set them on the counter.

i went to the bedroom to check to see if leilani was in there but she wasn't.

of course, i should've known.

i went back to the kitchen and hummed to myself as i put the groceries away and then began making breakfast.

once the food was done, i put on a plate and made my way outside to the back patio. i smiled at the beautiful clear sky as i set the plate down on the table out there.

"don't touch my food," i chuckled. "im about to go fix your plate now."

"what did you make me?" lani cheesed.

"all the things you want," i giggled. "double eggs, double bacon, double everything."

"yay," she smiled. "ugh i wish i could've came to the market with you."

"it's okay," i shook my head. "you'll be able to soon."

"not soon enough," she chuckled as she looked down.

i went back inside and fixed lani's plate before bringing it out to her. i then pulled me up a chair to the table and we ate our breakfast together.

we then went back inside and sat on the couch, turning on the television.

"are you gonna come to yoga with me today?" she looked at me.

"are you even able to still do that shit?" i rose my eyebrows at her.

"billie," she tilted her head. "im pregnant, not disabled. yes, i can do it."

"you're 8 months though babydoll," i sat next to her on the couch.

"there's a reason it's called prenatal yoga," she started. "cmon, it's couples night."

"fine, i'll come. but if that shit sends you into labor then you're gonna have it right there in the studio."

"oh my god please don't wish that," she pushed my shoulder.

-

oh.. hi, hello. it's been a minute. maybe i should catch you up, yeah?

let's see, last time we talked was 2 years ago during the trial. if you can't already tell, the jury found leilani not guilty.

we were overfilled with joy but were definitely ready to be through with that situation so we left new york immediately so that we could focus on healing.

we flew back to LA where we stayed for a couple of months at my house before deciding to come back to Hawaii and stay for at least a couple years.

it's just so much more peaceful and less drama here. having lani keep her house in hawaii and me keep my house in la so we can stay in both places whenever we want was one of the best decisions we ever made.

but we're doing good, great actually.

hmmm, i feel like there's something else im forgetting to tell you.