15 | stop playing games

leilani's pov -

i took a deep breath as i walked into the building, fake smiling at the other models and everyone else.

mr. marino spotted me and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. however, i just kept walking. i don't have time for his comments right now.

"hey," frankie smiled as she saw me.

"come with me," i grabbed her hand and pulled her into our dressing room that was empty. we sat at our vanities that were right next to each other.

"what's wrong?" she looked at me with concern.

and then of course, mr. marino walked his nosey ass in here. "i didn't expect you to be back so soon, rose," he folded his arms. "thought you were staying with your love for the whole week."

"well that didn't go as planned so i just came back early," i sighed.

"oh?" he rose his eyebrows, as he sat in the chair at the vanity next to mine. "do tell."

i sighed, preparing to pour my heart out to them. "it's just-" i shifted my body in my chair. "billie can be such a hypocrite sometimes. like she's deadass mad at me for things i cannot control, meanwhile she's out there having play dates with my fucking ex."

him and frankie both gasped dramatically. "no," they said as they put their hands over their mouths.

"yes!" i exclaimed. "and she's good at holding onto shit and i was tired of arguing so i just flew back here," i shrugged.

"so," mr. marino started. "i'm assuming she's probably mad that you left and came back here."

"of course," i nodded. "but oh well. it's easier to argue over through text because i can just simply not text back."

"that isn't right, rose," he tilted his head.

"neither is me finding my ex's shirt laying by her pool," i said to him. "life isn't fair i guess."

"damn," frankie said. "you snuck away for vacation and it flopped."

mr. marino then hit frankie on the shoulder. "frances!"

my eyes shot kinda wide as i looked at frankie. "im sorry, did he just call you frances?"

"no!" she quickly replied.

i smiled. "your real name is frances?" i asked, taking joy in this.

"you tell that to no one lani!" frankie pointed in my face, making me laugh even more.

"i think it's cute," i said. "can i start calling you that-"

"no!" she exclaimed. "i'm going. i'm leaving," she said as she got up from her chair and walked out.

"oh boy," mr. marino rose his eyebrows. he then stood up out the chair as well. "well, we should get to work."

"oh right," i sighed, a sad look suddenly reappearing on my face.

he then put his hand on my shoulder and slid it up closer to my neck. "if there's anything you need me to do, please let me know," he said lowly as he stared in my eyes.