9 | new people

"if i knew you were gonna use all my damn sunscreen i wouldn't have gave it to you," i laughed to margie.

"sorry i just love the nutrogena one," she giggled.

"great i'll send you the link so you can order your own," i blinked.

"anyway," marg started. "i'm kinda nervous," she said. "i haven't surfed in a long time."

"oh you actually planned on surfing today?" i rose my eyebrows.

"you didn't?"

"and bust my ass?" i scoffed. "girl please. it's been way too long."

"lani the event is to literally surf for charity," she chuckled.

"yeah i was just gonna donate money since i didn't plan on surfing," i shrugged. "no harm."

"no you're getting your ass in that water," she joked.

-

we arrived to the beach for the charity surf event and found a spot with chairs and an umbrella

we arrived to the beach for the charity surf event and found a spot with chairs and an umbrella. we set our totes down and kinda scoped out the area.

we sat down on the chairs and just people watched for awhile.

"i'm so excited to leave tomorrow," margie said. "i'm so excited for you."

"thanks bookie," i looked at her with a grin. "i'm excited but nervous. i feel like it'll be a lot of old heads, as well as new faces."

"well you're considered an old head so you shouldn't be nervous," she shrugged. "a lot of upcoming models look up to you."

"but that's exactly why i'm nervous," i said. "i feel like im gonna walk in and they'll be expecting shit from me."

"what's wrong with that?" margie furrowed her eyebrows.

"i haven't done the shit in awhile," i shook my head. "what if i trip and fall so hard that i roll down the runway and the lingerie comes off?"

she rolled her eyes. "oh here we go."

"then everyone will see me naked and laugh-"

"lei shut up," she laughed. "please."

"you know im right," i pointed.

"no babygirl," marg shook her head. "no you're not."

we got up and walked down to the water to start surfing. but all the boards were currently being used at the moment.

"here im not using mine," this girl came up behind me.

i turned around and my heart dropped.

gabi scoffed as she saw who i was. "oh."

"what?" i squinted.

"nothing," she elevator eyed me. "i just haven't seen you in forever."

"right," i slowly nodded.