Solid Ground

The next day, she went to the blue kingdom already halfway in disguise although she was lacking the proper uniform for the blue kingdom. She didn't come with Blake but instead came with another horse from her stall to avoid being recognized. As stated in the letter, she waited early in the morning for Jennifer just slightly outside the blue kingdom's down, petting the horse slowly while she looked around to check if she was coming. She was wearing relatively simple clothes that didn't look royal at all but neither too ruined nor lower rank, only average ones like a white shirt and black pants, especially a black cape.

On that day Jennifer would eventually meet the Queen as requested in the letter, approaching and waving at her briefly "Good to see you in person" she spoke and stood next to her with her hands on her hips "..Sir Muflier" she referred to to to to her with the fake name already to confirm whether it was her.

Flora turned to the ruler once she showed up and smiled slightly, bowing to her briefly "Your Highness..." she said, having the cape over her head but already getting used to talking in a lower voice, although she needed to cough briefly before pulling herself back up with her face still hidden by the hood. "I'm glad you received my letter. So then, are you willing to help me? There are some things I need to tell you about..." She asked for confirmation.

"I almost didn't recognize you" She smiled slightly and nodded to her question "Of course yes, I also stored your documents already. Go ahead, I'm all ears" The ruler put all her attention on her

"How about we start heading to the castle first? I'd like to get settled before anyone wakes up, just in case" she said as she waited for Jennifer to go forward first, then began walking next to her while holding the horses' lead. "So... I was reading an old book my cousin brought me" she started to explain, keeping her voice low. "And it turns out, the Yellow kingdom does not have elemental powers, that's true... because instead, that family has mind-related powers. They're hard to see, but still present. And I fear both of us have had the misfortune to be victims of them, if not your parents too and most likely Skylar himself" she kept whispering, furrowing her eyebrows "It's not the first time they do it, either. I feel even the author of the book was hypnotized to remove that information. Along with that... Skylar is in a much bigger danger than simple hypnosis."

"Yes of course, I've also prepared a room for you beforehand with everything you need" she added as she led her towards the castle and listened to her carefully to what she said. She gradually widened her eyes when she heard about this information, snapping her fingers briefly "Yes— That's exactly what I had been to remember" She talked quietly as well and shook her head "To think that I also was hypnotized by her, ugh, terrible. Mmh?...What kind of danger?" She asked as she looked back forward

Flora seemed a bit hesitant to say it and kept glancing around while walking, sometimes also gently tugging the horse closer to herself and whispering. "It was written that it's usual for the family to kill off those people after they used them for their business. It's already been a while since Caroline was with your brother, it's only about days, weeks, or a few months until she gets rid of him..." she mumbled. "Just think of it. She's already been trying to change up all the rules to her liking, and she despises me. She can't do much about it because she doesn't have full power over the kingdom. That is unless Skylar dies and she becomes the only Queen... you'd be surely next in line, as your portion of power might be an obstacle to her." She explained

"Kill—?" She whispered still with her eyes widened and seemed already worried about the well-being of her brother and herself. "Darn that— nasty snake" she mumbled before glancing back at her "Wouldn't that mean she'd also go for your Kingdom at some point too? Maybe even the Purple Kingdom, that'd be terrible" she commented as she kept leading her, going to the stables first

"I know." She clenched her fists a little but exhaled to keep calm, reaching the stalls with her and momentarily walking in to let her horse rest in one, giving it some strokes before closing it in with the help of the ruler. "But Das and Michael can win over that. Sure, an attack might happen either way, but not a victory from her side. She's easily outnumbered, and we have the strongest troops on this side of the mountains and woods." She reassured. "But let's take one step at a time for now... I need the outfit your servants have so I can already fit in as soon as they wake up. Can you introduce me to something made up? I might have to cover my face, so let's just say I used to be a knight who switched to a servant after some heavy war wounds, that way I can hide with bandages. Sounds good?"

She was a little relieved hearing that and helped her out a little with the stable the Queen spoke back to her, nodding to her suggestion. "Yes, sounds good. I'll do that" She led her out again and walked into the castle along with her "I've prepared you the outfit as well, you'll find it laying on top of your bed in the room. I hope it's the right size for you" she let her know and led her to the room she was assigned in "There, it's all yours"

The queen followed her silently through the castle and peeked inside the room when Jennifer led her, smiling to herself. "It's just perfect. Thank you so much, Jennifer" she said, turning to her. She quickly remembered something, reaching into the bag and pulling out one of the many glass bottles of antidote. "Almost forgot... Das managed to snap me out of the hypnosis with this. Be careful, it's really strong... I wouldn't advise drinking it fully all at once. But if you think you're about to get hypnotized or feel like you were, take a few drops of this in any drink that can soften it up and not make it as hurtful for you to take. It should do the job" she explained, closing it in a handkerchief so it would be hidden. "Make sure no one sees it, we're at risk otherwise. I'll go get ready now and be right back to you," the ruler said, entering the room and slowly closing the door behind me after smiling at her a bit once again.

She raised her eyebrows slightly when she was handing her the glass bottle with the handkerchief around it, carefully taking it and looking back at her with a smile "Neat! Thank you, I'll preserve it safely...See you in a moment then" she nodded and stepped back, walking off to her room to finish off some things.