Truth Be Told

A month went by after that event and Gabriel not Flora communicated with Sky anymore. Caroline was also rather silent about Sky, hardly talking to him at all since they argued anyway and although she still didn't help with his work, she at least stopped asking for money mysteriously. On the other hand, Flora's condition was worsening daily; after the last battle, the Hanahaki took the chance of her body being weak that it had fully spread and started by her constantly coughing up petals, then waking up with flowers in her mouth and even smaller flowers sprouting around and between her hair or sometimes peeking out from her sleeves or shirt collar. She couldn't move from her bed and didn't even have a lot of strength to joke around and laugh anymore, most of the time she appeared sad and in pain or too weak to do anything. As if it wasn't enough, only two weeks prior her kingdom began getting attacked at night by disguised people from an army who didn't show what kingdom they were from. They'd set fire to a few houses and rob merchants, or break public structures as well as often tried to break into the castle. Flora only managed to get up a few times to assist her people but the latest she did was her last straw as she had even passed out mid-fight and was urgently brought away, although her effort did momentarily stop the attacks, but harshly weakened her. Sometimes she'd even struggle to wake up and kept coughing blood, as well as struggling to heal as she'd usually manage, and old wounds easily reopening due to the roots and flowers of the Hanahaki stabbing through. One day after yet another attack at night and seeing Flora blame herself and get weaker, Das decided to head to the blue kingdom and show up unannounced, demanding to see the king. He waited outside the castle doors with his horse nearby and stood there emotionlessly, furrowing his eyebrows as he waited for Sky to come after asking for him.

As time had been passing by the king kept working as usual, although at that point he had done them more intensively ever since. After the attack he lost a few days without work and was slightly slowed down by his injuries hence why he spent days and sometimes nights catching up with them, only getting out of his office when necessary. When one of his guards had notified him that Das demanded to see him outside of his castle he was a little hesitant at first before eventually leaving his office and making his way out to meet him as requested. Once he saw him from afar he approached him and briefly bowed to him "Good day, Sir Das. I've been told you wanted to see me?" He asked, unaware of what the intentions of his visit were

Das looked at him without much change of expression and briefly bowed back out of respect. "Skylar, thank you for your time." He said before his eyes glanced behind his shoulders, noticing Caroline had heard he was there and coming to see probably as she already knew it could have been about the attacks. "What's the meaning of all this?" Caroline said, furrowing her eyebrows although Das ignored her and looked back to Sky. "I need you to come with me immediately." He simply said, deciding not to give any additional explanation since Caroline was there but he looked extremely serious.

The king raised his eyebrows slightly when he heard her voice from behind and sighed quietly to himself when she'd got into their conversation. He looked back at him and focused on him instead "It's an emergency, isn't it?" He asked, having seen the serious look on his face and feeling somewhat worried due to that

Das didn't respond to him and instead asked him another question. "Are you willing to drop everything you're doing for a few days at least?" He simply asked.
At that point Caroline's heart skipped a beat as she quickly held Sky's arm, tugging him to herself a little. "W-wait, you can't go for that long! You're a king now! You're already behind with your work!" She exclaimed, reminding him and having a point

He was about to answer his question but was cut off by Caroline, feeling her tug him by his arm. "Mh- I know but there must be a reason why I need to come along immediately. We're allies after all and my sister can take care of the papers partially. I'll manage" he answered, seeming that he planned to come along with him