Daisies

In the following weeks, he'd keep working a little less and took his time to be more around her, interacting with the plants she was connected to and remaining in her room for a longer while. Sometimes he'd keep speaking to her or the plants now a little more confident that she might've heard or sensed him, although she still didn't seem to be alive yet.

During the month that went by after that, the room seemed a bit more lively and colorful than usual, as well as the plants continued to be pretty healthy while her vines grew a little more, also developing blossoms although those still stayed closed because younger.
That day once the boy had enough free time to visit, the flowers all opened up together the moment he made he opened the doors and made his way into the room; it was like they were waiting for him and otherwise didn't feel like blooming if he didn't show up, practically having that kind of greeting daily.

Visiting the Queen's room he'd widen his eyes slightly at the everything blossoming the moment he had entered the dorm, smiling to himself as he entered the room silently. He sat down close to her bed on a chair and briefly let out a quiet brief chuckle "Good morning to you too, Flora. I hope you're resting well" he spoke as if he was answering the movements of her flowers

The flowers seemed to respond to his movements like always, still trying to get a bit more towards him from time to time. The rest of the morning was silent like usual, only the birds singing outside and sometimes the sound of leaves moved by the wind. Das seemed to have also set some books on the night table next to Flora for Sky to read in case he got bored; mostly they were all books Flora used to love, and along with it he had explained that perhaps Sky could try reading them out loud in case she might have heard him somehow.

He sat in her room for a while talking now and then as if she was listening. Due to the warmth having increased this month, especially in her room, he'd enter it with a light white shirt with the sleeves rolled up, matching a little with Flora's. Eventually, when he'd have nothing much to say, and would peek at the books Das had set on her night table for him, looking at what might interest him. "Mmh. Let's see here" he mumbled as he randomly picked one of them to read

The room stayed quiet and still with only the wind from the windows moving the curtains and plants a bit. Once Sky picked a book and immersed himself in reading it, out of nowhere one of the flowers, which was in the several pots behind him and the ones hanging from the walls, carefully moved a tiny bit closer to him. With a very soft movement, it seemed to have reached his cheek and stroked it briefly with its petals before letting itself go back down as a soft weight, practically being onto his shoulder.

He widened his eyes slightly having sensed the petals briefly and glanced down at the plant when it rested on his shoulder "..Awh." he smiled softly at that, turning to Flora before looking back down at the book "I take it that you probably love this one? Well- You seem to love all of them probably" he chuckled and opened it up, turning the page to read its contents

The flower kept resting on his shoulder and sometimes moved again to tilt towards his skin and give him a few more strokes. Some would even reach his hair and lap as the hours passed; at one point, one of her vines had silently managed to make its way up to the night table and gently wrap around his index, resting its tip again it. It was then a blossom from that vine finally opened and bloomed: it was the first one since all those months finally, which appeared to be a good sign.

As he kept reading the book out loud for her to also hear in case she was able to, speaking in a soft as he turned the page and made a few comments on it now and then. He'd chuckle sometimes when sensing the flower stroke him in between, having noticed that other ones would reach to his hair or lap. After a while he'd glance at the vine that made its way up to him on the night table, raising his eyebrows when he noticed the blossom that has bloomed "Oh! Oh, my goodness" he smiled more brightly and tilted his head left and right, as if inspecting it "You opened up, your first blossom in a while!" He exclaimed softly, seeming a bit excited to have seen that

The more he expressed enthusiasm and joy towards the blossom, the more it seemed to react and open up a little more with brighter magenta colors, along with a few other smaller blossoms along the vines. It appeared as if they were letting out warmth all individually as they used to.

He watched it open up a little more and gasped quietly when he noticed the smaller blossoms opening up as well "Even more blossoms! And...warm too!" He laughed wholeheartedly, seeming to be quite happy about this occurrence, and faced Flora with a smile "You're doing great, I'm so proud of you!" He commented.

The room felt like it got a little warmer for a few seconds as he complimented her so genuinely, almost as if it was like when she'd blush. The flowers slowly pulled themselves away from him to give him more space to move as the vine carefully unwrapped from his finger and headed for his cheek, tilting gently against it and giving it a light rub, resting across his body and shoulder with its flower next to his face and now cooling back down. For now, it seemed the progress had stopped but it was still good nevertheless.

He chuckled softly as he watched the vine move slowly and lightly rub against his cheek, seeing it rest across his body and shoulder and glancing at its flower with a genuine smile. Seeing that it stopped for now he turned back to the book and seemed to enjoy the warmth "You've done great so far. You deserve some rest" he spoke still softly with her.

The flower showed a bit of warmth next to him now and then as he read the books and overall Flora showed good signs ofrecovery although she wasn't awake herself.