Bed of Roses

After some weeks, Flora had been getting a little closer to Skylar again. She tried to get the weight off his shoulders and split the work with him to allow him to relax more. She also tried her best to keep listening to Caroline secretly and get more info about her plans, although so far she didn't hear anything too dangerous. She also sent letters to Das from time to time for orders and let him know she was alright and the illness didn't expand but stayed as before.
As per usual, that evening she headed to Skylar's office and knocked. Once she got permission, she opened the door and peeked in. "My King?" She called softly. "I hope I didn't interrupt you. Are finished signing the papers?"

As those weeks passed by the prince seemed to have felt slightly better than before thanks to the servant. After Flora was let in he signed another paper and then set the quill aside, looking at her "No worries, I've finished signing all papers as for now. Thank you for your help as always." He said with a soft smile "Is something the matter?" He asked, wanting to know what the reason for the visit to his office was about.

"Well," the servant smiled fondly "I need to clean this room and the royal bedroom. Since I didn't want you to just stand there waiting for me to be done all that time, I took it upon myself to prepare you a nice bath. Mild temperature towards slight but perfectly bearable warmth for your skin, along with some scented candles and oils straight from the Pink Kingdom. I took it upon myself to ask for them, and they were all free by courtesy of the Queen herself." She said, moving out of the doorway for him to go check it out. "It's great to remove tension from sitting, after all. I'm sure it might make your sleep easier and less troubling too. I'll take it from here, you shall not worry about a single thing" she reassured.

He raised his eyebrows having heard that she had prepared a bath for him, especially when he mentioned the scented candles and oils from the Pink Kingdom. "Oh- That's quite unexpected." He smiled letting out a brief chuckle. "I assume I'll do that, yeah. It sounds quite nice. And to think that you've gotten those products from the Pink Kingdom too..." He looked around his room for a moment before standing up from his desk, and setting the paperwork aside "I think I'll let myself enjoy this one. You seem to always know what I need, I'm surprised" he admitted and walked away from his desk towards the door "Thank you, Gabriel. If you get the opportunity to, please let the Queen know that I'm grateful for those." He added and gave him a nod "I'll leave you to it then, take all the time you need"

"It's just a gut feeling, my King. And of course, I'll let her know. Please, enjoy your bath, I'll make sure no one comes to bother you" she said, smiling softly under the bandages and watching him leave. Once the king was gone, she began looking around the room and kind of put it in order, except she was looking for letters written by or sent to Caroline that could put Sky in danger. When she didn't find anything, she simply sighed and glanced at Sky's bed. She approached it and created a flower out of her palm, gently running it through the sheets and pillow as it resembled her scent for him to relax to. "If you truly miss me as much as you say, I hope this will give you the sweetest of dreams, Skylar..." she said to herself, smiling sadly. After being done there, she went to check the bedroom itself and did the same thing on Sky's side of the bed again before continuing to look. Finally, she noticed a small piece of paper peeking from below the mattress on Caroline's side of the bed when she was fixing the sheets. She widened her eyes briefly but grabbed it to read it, scanning over it quickly. "Your family just sent us the money for the job, Your Highness. We assure you the king will be dead by tomorrow night." It said, apparently it even had a date which pointed to that same morning. She cursed under breath but immediately put it back to where it was "I knew it..." she mumbled, glancing towards the door but quickly finishing to tidy up to then leave the room.

The young man had been genuinely relaxing in the tub for a good while, having enjoyed it overall especially the floral scent coming from the lit candles and the oils. After a while, he'd get out of the tub and dress up in the room with freshly prepared clothes, exhale softly before eventually blowing out the candles to save them up for another time. He stretched a little and made his way out of the room