Chapter 8

Blood stained Visioner's claws as he watched himself slumped to the cave wall, red liquid seeping out of him, slowly draining his short life away. 

Brightness let out a silent scream of  agony as Destroyer ripped out her throat, and she fell to the ground, dead. 

Visioner again, this time alone but sad, flying out into the rain. 

Destroyer, letting out a roar of fury and terror as Visioner pushed him off a cliff.

Visioner flying out into the rain, carrying Brightness's limp body, blood dripping off both of them.

Visioner and Brightness, both laughing and eating mangoes.

Visioner, alone, standing besides a mound of dirt and stone, holding a white rose in his claws. 

Brightness drowning in her own pool of blood, miraculously shouting out his name.

A fiery copper dragon with electric blue eyes, burning Destroyer's scales as he screamed in pain.

Destroyer erupting from the cave, holding the dead bodies of Starscatter and Brightness.

Six dragons, all different colors, surrounding Visioner, peering into the cave he'd spent his entire life in.

Destroyer, roaring out his and Brightness's names, but afraid to leave the perimeter of the cave. 

Brightness, crying silently over Visioner's dead body. 

Light pouring onto his scales, basking him in warmth. 

Green leaves and berries surrounding him, colorful dragons happily munching on fruits and napping in hammocks.

And Moonwatcher, the silver scales glittering under her dark green eyes, watching it all happen, one by one, step by step, choice by choice. 

Watching quietly, her eyes not leaving him.

Watching with her mind, listening to his thoughts.