Chapter 12

Visioner glided down to the ground, and carefully set Brightness down on the wet, green grass. He collapsed next to her, exhausted and pained. The pain in his arm that had now spread to his entire body, and when he looked down, he gagged as he saw swollen red scales surrounding his wound. 

This isn't the time to rest, Visioner reminded himself. I've got to find someone to help us.

He stood up on shaky legs, and nudged Brightness awake. She didn't open her eyes. His heart racing, Visioner tested her heartbeat.

Still alive. Alive, but barely.

Visioner shook her again, and this time she looked up at him. 

"We're here," He breathed. "Come on. Lean on me."

Brightness hauled herself up, and slumped heavily onto his shoulder. He winced, but slowly made his way into the mountain. 

The entrance of the mountain was a wide, gaping mouth. Colorful lights glimmered cheerfully in the cave. 

Brightness started to slide off his shoulder, and he quickly readjusted his stance so that she wouldn't fall. His veins felt like they were burning, and his arm had gone numb, yet twinges of sharp pain made him jump every few seconds. 

If someone doesn't find us soon, we'll both die, Visioner thought. He took in a deep breath, ignoring the stabs of pain in his lungs, and called out, "Hello? Anyone here...?"

He broke off, coughing, and tried again. "Please help us."

Visioner almost fainted in relief as he heard talonsteps grow louder and louder. He spotted three dragons coming towards them. One of them were a sandy yellow with darker freckles on his snout, and another had ice-blue scales with icicle-like spikes and dark blue eyes.

The other was black, with glimmering silver scales scattered under her wings, and a set of teardrops glimmered under her dark green eyes.

I found you, Visioner thought weakly, as the headache pounding his head grew so strong he sunk to the ground. He tried blinking away the darkness that prodded at the corners of his eyes, but he couldn't stop the seizure taking over his body. He was barely aware of the three dragons rushing towards him and Brightness, shouting something unrecognizable. 

After all those years, I'm here. 

I've found Moonwatcher.