Chapter 16

Moon visited Visioner again, three days after the day he'd woken up. This time, she wasn't alone. Four other dragons, all different colors, were with her. 

"Visioner, I brought my friends. Most of them aren't exactly from this school, but you'll see them around."

"Hi!" A small, bouncy dragonet with pink splotches covering her bright yellow scales bounded towards him. Visioner shrank back in his bed. "I'm Kinkajou! Moon's best friend! And your new best friend!"

I'm not sure about that, He thought inwardly, but kept the thought to himself. "Hi."

"I'm in Moon's winglet," She continued, beaming. "Jade Winglet."

"Hi. I'm Turtle." A dark green dragon greeted Visioner, much more calmly than Kinkajou had done. "Um. I'm also in this school. Good to see you."

"Well, I'm Qibli," The dusty yellow dragon with darker freckles introduced. A small, jagged scar zigzagged across his snout. Visioner shivered as he saw the familiar, pointed barb at the end of his tail. "And this is Winter. He's the IceWing queen's cousin, but he got kicked out because of his pompous personality."

"I did not get kicked out," A white dragon with hints of blue retorted, his dark blue eyes flashing with annoyance. Visioner could feel coldness radiating from his scales, and he sunk deeper into his bed. "I refused to go back."

"And they also didn't want you, either," Qibli grinned. "And your weird scavenger obsession."

"Scavengers aren't weird-" Winter started to snap, but Kinkajou spoke loudly over him.

"Do you know which winglet you're in yet?" She asked Visioner. "Ooh, maybe your in our winglet, but that means Moon can't be in it, so maybe another winglet. Maybe Tamarin's winglet! I heard that they're missing a NightWing."

"I don't know," Visioner said. "Does that mean that I might not be in the same winglet as Brightness?"

"Yes," Moon replied. "There's one dragon from each tribe allowed in one winglet. A few dragons from Pantala, sometimes."

Tamarin? Tribe? Pantala? Visioner's mind raced with the strange words. Someone should probably teach me about tribes before I start attending classes.

"Starflight's going to teach you all the basic information before you start school." Moon answered his unasked question. 

"Here! Have a papaya!" Kinkajou suddenly threw him an orange fruit. 

Visioner caught the papaya clumsily, taking a small bite. It tasted sweet and fleshy. "Thank you."

"That's just reminded me why we're here in the first place," Turtle said. "Starflight's going to be expecting you tomorrow morning. Library's just one cave to the right."

"Okay," Visioner whispered.

"See you soon!" Kinkajou shouted cheerfully as the group left Visioner to his own thoughts.