Chapter 13

Waves and waves of blood lapping at Visioner's claws, staining them dark red.

Brightness, her pale eyes dull and unseeing, her breathing failing at last.

Moonwatcher, closing her eyes, taking his talons into hers, whispering cryptic words into his ears.

Pressure pushing down on Visioner's neck as Destroyer strangled him to death. 

A scream of terror, followed by countless murders. 

Empty black eyes, boring into his souls. 

Claws of murder and blood, reaching out hungrily.

Salty water splashing into his face, rubbing his throat raw.

His very own shouts drowning out everything as Destroyer's fire burned through his bones-

Visioner's eyes snapped open, gasping for air. His arm felt strange, as if it was stuck into cool water. He waited for his surroundings to finish swirling, and took in a deep breath. His lungs ached, but they didn't hurt as much. The burns on his body felt soothing, and something cold and wet was plastered over his wounds. 

Visioner's sight was blurred, but he noticed someone was sitting down besides his bed (which was very comfortable, since the only bed he'd ever slept on was a big chunk of rock.)

"Who...?" He croaked. His voice was failing him, and Visioner shuddered as he remembered the salty water that had seemed so real. 

"It's okay," The dragon next to him soothed. "I won't hurt you. What's your name?"

Visioner hesitated, and answered. "Visioner."

"I'm Moonwatcher, but you can call me Moon," The strange dragon said. "What's the other dragonet- your sister, if I'm guessing right- called?"

Moonwatcher! Visioner tried to sit up, but gave up as his muscles screeched in protest. "Brightness. Where is this place?" 

His eyes were starting to refocus, and he could look normally now. Moonwatcher- or Moon, as she'd introduced herself as- looked surprisingly younger than he'd expected, only around three or four years older than himself. Her dark green eyes were soft, but intent, and her ears were pricked as if she was listening to something. 

My mind, He guessed. She can read minds.

Moon jumped, startled. "How- how did you know?"

Visioner blinked up at her. "Don't you know?"

"I- I didn't know you could see so much," The NightWing stammered. 

"I see a lot of things," Visioner replied, thinking of the flashes of the future he'd glimpsed. "Where am I?"

Moon smiled at him, and spread her wings grandly, the silver star-like scales twinkling on her dark scales. 

"Welcome to Jade Mountain Academy, Visioner."