Chapter 11

Visioner was exhausted. His wings ached, and his arm was dying, and although Brightness wasn't very heavy, her weight was enough for his muscles to strain. The huge downpour wasn't helping, either, and Visioner shook raindrops out of his eyes for a fifth time in the past hour.

They hadn't met another dragon yet, thankfully, and Visioner was surprised to see that there weren't any explosive plumes of fire or lava covering the ground. There were trees (actual trees!) and even a few butterflies that fluttered below him. Of course, he couldn't take a good look at them because Brightness's wings were in the way. 

Brightness. Visioner was worried about his sister. She had been unconscious for the entire flight, and blood was already dying Visioner's claws dark red. It dripped to the faraway ground under them, and he shivered as he imagined them both falling out of the sky, crumpling to the ground with a bone-crunching thud.

"Hold on for a bit, Brightness," He whispered to the injured NightWing. "We're almost here."

Another thing Visioner was worried about; his seizure headache was back, and he didn't want to think about what would happen if he suddenly blacked out in the open air, bringing Brightness down with him. But we're almost here, Visioner thought. I remember this place. 

Indeed, the tall, jagged mountains that reached the clouds was in view on his left, and just a bit farther away to his left, he could see the familiar two-pointed mountain just a short distance away. 

Our new home, Visioner thought. If they let us in.

He wondered what the dragons living in the mountain would think if he burst into their cave, showing up with a venomed arm and a dying sister, both horribly scarred and injured.

Horrified?

Disgusted?

Shocked?

Relieved that they got there before they both died?

Or happy to get a new dragon to torture?

Suddenly, Visioner wasn't sure if leaving the cave was the right decision. 

His thoughts almost distracted him from time passing, and after a while, he looked up and gasped. 

Because they were just flying over the mountain of his visions.