Phase 3: the Trick Tower (part 3)

Everyone stiffened noticeably with the prisoners suggestion.

"To the death?!" Gon said shocked

"This isn't good" Kurapika said under his breath "Don't let him get to you Sakura!" He yelled to you

You tried to ignore their concern "I accept your proposal" this time everyone was staring at you in concern.

"You better know what you're doing!" Killua yelled at you as the previous bridge that allowed you to the center disappeared, leaving you and the tall prisoner to fight.

You steadied your breath to focus as the fight began while the prisoner built up his energy and rage, then he started coming towards you.

He first jumped in the air then fell towards you rapidly. You easily stepped aside and dogged, the floor cracked beneath where he landed. "Give up now or else that will be your skull" he said trying to threaten you.

You smirked. Your tone changed, they all can see it. They've never seen you this focused or serious before. "Thats a lot of talk coming from someone who missed"

The prisoner became angry and start throwing punch after punch all of which you were easily able to dodge. 'Something about this is off....I'm not even using my assassin level techniques or skills to fight this guy..I wonder'

You decided to test his reflexes by finally hitting back. You immediately struck him in the stomach and he instantly collapsed. Now you KNOW something is off.

He grimaced and held his stomach but tried to get back up and met your eyes. "Is that all you got little girl?"

You were annoyed that he called you a little girl but saw past the act. "You....aren't supposed to be here huh?"

Eh?

The whole room was clearly confused, well almost everyone.

Killuas POV

"What does she mean by that?" Gon asked.

"I'm not quite sure" Kurapika admitted.

'Damn these guys really can't see it?' He thought to himself

"She's an assassin remember? But none of her moves have been actual assassin techniques, this guy is a fake. She's not using her full strength against him" I said to them. Admittedly impressed by Sakura myself.

Gon finally seemed to understand now, also impressed by Sakura. Kurpika on the other hand...he seemed off

Kurapikas POV

'I..didn't really know she was a trained assassin..." Kurapika thought disappointed

Original POV

You slowly approach the prisoner as he kept his fighting position. Hands up in the defensive position, but clearly confused, so you continued "you're not actually a creepy murderer, are you?"

He lowered his hands. The silence was deafening. "How...why would you think that?" he asked quietly, almost shamefully.

"I'm sort of into true crime and keep an eye on these things. I thought you looked familiar with those scars on your head," you pointed out. "I recognized you from that trial, it was a very close call on your sentence, all the evidence against you wasn't very concrete but you got a long sentence anyways. Many believed you never did it at all....and you're fighting, well let's just say it's not one you'd expected from a mass killer who murdered the most skilled Soa combat tribe."

There was more silence, before the prisoner eventually began to laugh, almost hysterically. "Alright then, get it over with. Our fight to the death"

You were now the confused one, "you mean you're not going to surrender?"

"Why would I do that?" He asked sarcastically, "I'm stuck in jail for well over my lifespan, it's hell. You'd be doing me a favor"

You didn't know what to do. If he was really a murderer you wouldn't have any issue with doing this. But you couldn't just let him die now knowing the truth, but you also couldn't let him rack up enough hours to free him and fail your whole team......there was only one answer. "Okay then." You took a deep breath and so did the prisoner. It seemed like everyone was holding their breath. "I give up."

"Ehhhh?!?!?" Your team said in shock