Chapter 13

A/N: 10,000 Reads! You guys make me so happy :D

I enjoyed writing this chapter very much and I hope you guys like it too, because this one's fished in a lot of time and planning and writing. I kept fixing and editing and then finally decided to put it up. 3158 words :) This is the longest chapter so far. :D

A little treat for Briall shippers. ;)

Nath shippers, I'll just go hide in a corner away from you guys. :/

Enjoy, and please do vote & comment. :) x

Chapter 13

// Brianna

Standing up from the bed, I sauntered towards the mirror for what seemed like the thousandth time in the last 30 minutes. It was a spontaneous 90 degree rotation my body performed, allowing me to observe myself attentively from head to toe. My brown hair, faintly curled at the bottom, cascaded gracefully down my shoulders. Light gold eye-shadow concealed my eyelids and black mascara was draped over my eyelashes, causing them to look quite thickened. A light peachy lip-gloss adorned my lips, giving my look the final touch it needed.

My eyes slowly skimmed over the soft-yellow, strapless dress that I was wearing. The dress, rouched all over the top, hit way above my knee. It wasn't the most comfortable of clothes that I had ever sported, considering the fact that I was never a big fan of short dresses. May be, just may be I wouldn't have minded the length so much if my cleavage hadn't been left uncovered too. 

My ringing  phone interrupted my analysis.

"Hey Lilly," I hummed in.

"Where are you guys?" She questioned and continued before I could answer. "I hope you're wearing the dress we bought together?"

"Yeah, and I'm just realising how I never should've bought this at all," I sighed.

"Oh, c'mon Niall's Brynnie, you'll be turning some heads today," She chortled.

"I didn't know I was Niall's," I disregarded her. "And I'd rather not.. turn heads or whatever," I jeered.

"You'll surely be holding a certain blonde head's attention, Brynnie," She teased.

"Gosh, Lilly!"

"Oh, is someone's blushing?" She chimed, bits of chuckles escaping.

"What's up with you trying to pair me up with Niall, lately?" I rolled my eyes, realising only a second later that she couldn't see me.

"I don't know, why don't you ask yourself?" She replied. "Don't deny it Brynn, I see the way you look at him; I very well recognise that look."

"I guess you look too far into things at times," I overlooked her remark, pretending as if all she said to me had no meaning behind it. "Have all the guests arrived?" I switched topics.

"Yeah lots. Where are you guys?" She questioned.

My answer wasn't allowed to be voiced due to the ring at the doorbell, as I surprised my own self at how suddenly my heart did this crazy twitch just at the sound of it. I knew very well he'd be here; why was I so nervous?

"I guess Niall's here," I told her.

"Ooh, your prince in shining armour has arrived," She giggled. "See you at the party!"

"See you." I tapped on the end-call option on my phone, head shaking itself involuntarily at her coos.

After one final look into the mirror, and still as unsure of my appearance as I was an half an hour back, I grabbed my black clutch and made my way down the flight of stairs, another series of impatient doorbell rings reflecting off the walls of my miniature one-bedroom house in the process.