Chapter 23

Chapter 23

// Brianna

A sluggish consciousness was draping me into it, the end of my slumber closing in on me. A mild smile settled upon my lips, as my left hand began roaming over the cold bed sheets in search of that warm chest I was yearning to snuggle up to. Shuffling a little, I felt for the warmth once again, having failed to sense it the previous time, gaining nothing, but the texture of the soft cold fabric of the luxurious quilt underneath my palm.

My eyes slowly peeled open, mind interrogative as to why I didn’t feel what I wanted to. Confusion crowded my mind, as my vision registered an unoccupied pillow and a vacant spot right beside me on the bed. I sat upright, running my fingers through my awfully knotted hair, as the chilly air briskly attacked my bare body. Noticing my tee shirt lying carelessly across the carpeted floor, I hopped off the bed, and quickly grabbed it, pulling it over my body to keep from getting too cold.

Not seeing him anywhere around inside the large extravagant room, I sauntered towards the bathroom, that simple job of walking proving to be a difficult task for me, as I slightly staggered due not having become accustomed to the soreness and the mild aching that had been persistent in me since the night before.

“Niall? Are you in there?” I knocked onto the wooden bathroom door, to receive nothing but silence.

“Niall?” I asked once again; no reply.

Unsure, I slowly pushed the door open, hoping I wouldn’t find him in an awkward position inside. Nothing such happened though – the bathroom was empty.

“I can’t believe you’d actually even consider playing your hide and seek games at a time like this!” I scoffed, walking back towards the bed and rotating my head from side to side, wishing to catch a glimpse of him.

As a minute of letting my eyes dart across the room in search of that silly boy followed, I decided to surrender, spotting no signs of him anywhere around. “Fine, I give up okay?”

“Niall Horan, you may as well unveil yourself now, I’ve given up!” I chuckled lightly, to be met with silence yet again.

Doubtful thoughts with a hint of angst in them found their way to my anxious mind, perplexed as to where this boy could’ve possibly gone to. Wanting to wake up to him this morning wasn’t too absurd a desire of mine – it was the most normal of things to expect from your partner, or so I believed.

Checking my phone for any message off him, I was met with a blank screen. Expecting a little note in his scribbled handwriting, I checked the tiny hotel notepad on the bed-stand, to only be disappointed. The Niall that I knew was way too sweet and caring to do something such – leave me at a time like this, without a single word.

The desk clock read 9:45am. The thought that the hungry boy, who claimed to be starved most of the time, could’ve possibly gone downstairs to the breakfast serving lounge of the hotel to have his never-ending appetite fulfilled, allowed me respite at last, ridding my mind of the unwanted thoughts.