Two

"Even I can barely hear you, boy, and I'm standing so close to you!" the teacher snapped, rolling her eyes as she indicated that the distance between them wasn't much. "Anyway, for those who don't know or didn't hear, this boy's name is Zhang Hao. Sung Hanbin, take care of him!"

"Yes, miss!" Hanbin said.

"I don't have anymore time to waste, so shoo off boy!" she said, swatting her hand at him as if he was an annoying mosquito. Zhang Hao nodded and quickly rushed back to his seat, still keeping his head down. "Now, open your textbooks to page 87; we're going to finish that topic before I give you all a surprise test!"

Collective groans were heard which led to the teacher glaring at the fussy ones who then immediately shut up.

Hanbin tried not to think too much about what we heard and not make it obvious to Zhang Hao that he knew something that the other didn't want him to know.

He was doing a really bad job at it though.

Naturally, lying was not his cup of tea as he was grown to believe that only the truth should be spoken, so when Zhang Hao sat in the seat next to his, he started fidgeting around.

One thing about Hanbin was that he was an incredibly curious guy. If he wanted to know something, he couldn't control his urge to ask it out.

So when Zhang Hao noticed his restless behavior and turned to him, he found himself looking back at the gorgeous man and asking things that he shouldn't have.

"Did you study here before?" he asked again, knowing well that the question would make the man uncomfortable just like before. 

As expected, Zhang Hao gave him a quick side glance before averting his gaze elsewhere, remaining silent the whole time.

I messed up! Hanbin thought, groaning mentally.

"I think you already heard about it," Zhang Hao spoke softly. 

"Uh- well, I don't believe in any of the rumors, if that's what you're talking about. I'm pretty sure it's just fake news." Hanbin said, panicking. He himself didn't know why he wanted to clear himself from the misunderstanding, but he assumed it was because he didn't like rumors going around about him.

"It's not fake..." The older said, trailing off towards the end. His voice was deep and mysterious but at the same time sad and pitiful. He seemed to be containing lots of emotions within him.

After these unusual words, nothing else was said. 

The teacher continued with the lesson while Hanbin remained deep in his own thoughts.

What does he mean? 

Did Zhang Hao really try committing suicide?

He suddenly felt the vibration of his phone from his pant's front pocket and fished it out, looking at it while keeping it hidden from the teacher.

The message was from his uncle, the Principal.

I assume you already found out about it, Hanbin 

- the message read.

You knew about the rumors? 

- Hanbin asked.

Those aren't just empty rumors. This is the reason why I called you to my office after school. I wanted to talk to you about Zhang Hao. But I heard you have the Student Council Meeting today after school as well.