Chapter 17

After spending a few days recovering at Lorenzo's house, I feel ready to go back to work. I'm eager to get back into the swing of things and put the past few weeks behind me. I know that there will be challenges ahead, but I feel confident that I can handle them with Lorenzo by my side.

As I walk into the office, I'm greeted by my colleagues, who welcome me back warmly. They ask me how I'm feeling, and I assure them that I'm doing much better. Everyone is happy to see me back at work, and I feel grateful for their support. Luckily no one ask me anything about the day where i decide to ran off from a meeting without telling anyone the cause behind.

I spend the next few weeks catching up on my work and getting back into my routine. I'm determined to show everyone that I'm back and better than ever. I work hard, putting in long hours and going above and beyond to make up for lost time.

During this time, my relationship with Lorenzo continues to grow. We spend as much time together as possible, going on dates, exploring the city, and enjoying each other's company. But we make a mutual decision to keep our relationship private, at least for the time being. We don't want our personal lives to interfere with our professional lives, and we feel that it's best to keep things that way between us.

Despite our efforts to keep our relationship under wraps, rumors begin to circulate around the office. People notice the way that Lorenzo and I look at each other and the way we seem to always be together. Some even start to speculate that we're dating.

Lorenzo and I are aware of the rumors, but we don't let them get to us. We know that our relationship is our own business, and we don't owe anyone an explanation. We continue to work hard and keep our personal lives separate from our professional lives.

As time goes on, I start to feel more comfortable at work. I've regained my confidence and I'm back to my old self. I feel grateful for the support of my colleagues and for the love and support of Lorenzo.

One day, as I'm leaving the office, Lorenzo surprises me with a bouquet of flowers. "Hey, beautiful. I just wanted to brighten up your day," he says, his eyes sparkling.

I smile and hug him tightly. "Thank you, Lorenzo. You always know how to put a smile on my face," I reply, feeling grateful for his thoughtfulness.

As we walk out of the office together, hand in hand, I feel a sense of contentment wash over me. I know that I've found someone special, someone who will be there for me through thick and thin. And I'm grateful for the way that he's helped me through the toughest time of my life.

As we walk down the street, I realize that I don't care about the rumors or what anyone else thinks. I'm happy, and that's all that matters. I look up at Lorenzo and smile, feeling grateful for the wonderful person he is. "I'm so lucky to have you, Lorenzo. You make everything better," I say, feeling a sense of warmth and love.

Lorenzo smiles back at me. "I'm the lucky one, Lynn. You make my life so much better," he replies, squeezing my hand.

As we continue to walk, I know that there will be challenges ahead, but I also know that I can face them with Lorenzo by my side. I'm grateful for the love and support of my colleagues and for the love and support of Lorenzo. And I know that, no matter what the future holds, I'll always have him by my side.