The land between

Bell POV

"So am I dead," I asked my grandpa. He shook his head.

"No, we're just in a land between life and death," he answered.

"Are you real?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, I'm real Bell"

I nodded my head. "Good"

I then pulled my fist back and drove it into his gut. He let out a breath as he hunched over from the blow. "That was for sacrificing your life for me"

He grabbed his stomach as air exited his lungs. He let out a cough before pointing his finger at me and laughing.

"You got a lot stronger since the cabin Bell" he coughed before sitting down.

I was confused. "Wait, didn't you talk to me before a couple of times" I sat down on the couch next to him?

He shook his head. "No, Bell, I hate to tell you this, but that was you subconsciously projecting illusions on yourself"

I stared at the floor in silence for a few moments before letting out a chuckle. "Fuck me, my mental state that bad?"

Grandpa nodded his head. "It is, I know you've always been one to push your feelings aside for others, but Bell, it doesn't make you less of a man to seek out help for yours"

I sat there in silence for a moment, processing what Grandpa had just said. I let out a sigh leaning into the couch some more. "Alright, I'll talk to someone about this, now where exactly are we"

Grandpa scratched his beard as he nodded. "We're in the land between life and death, you're not dead your body is very much alive, but I just pulled your consciousness in here for a quick chat"

I was still a little confused. "So my body's alive, but my mind is here, am I brain dead?"

Grandpa shook his head. "No, you're just in a coma, you won't wake up until you leave this place"

I put my hand to my chin. "And I can leave whenever I want to"

Grandpa nodded his head. "That's correct, but before you do, I was hoping you could stay a while, I was hoping to help you master your lightning"

I quirked an eyebrow. "Master it? But Grandpa, I'm pretty good at using it"

"You are, but your use of lightning is crude at best, you see it as a means to make you faster, you rarely, if ever, use it for attacking, last time you used it like that was when you were saved by Astraea's girls"

I thought about his words for a second and realized he was right. "Then, how would I be able to further my proficiency with it."

Grandpa let out a chuckle before he stood up. "Simple, my boy, a god of lightning will teach you"

He walked to the door and gestured for me to follow him, I did as he said and followed him outside, where some targets were set up.

"These weren't here before?" I questioned.

Grandpa let out another chuckle. "Bell, I'm a god, I can do whatever the fuck I want now"

I nodded my head as that made sense, he could use his powers to summon anything he wanted.
.
.
.
.

Anya POV

I raced down the street to the hospital. Word of what had happened reached the hostess fast, Mia closed the shop down today, and once she made sure everything was in order, she would come to visit Bell as well.

Once I arrived at the hospital, I slowed down, I didn't want to face Airmid's wrath if I disturbed his patients.

I went to the front desk and got Bell's room number slowing my pace to a fast walk, trying not to break out into a sprint.