A deal

"So you mean to tell me there's another calamity walking around? A calamity, you know, the things that had this world on the edge of their seats for a thousand years," Bell asked in shock.

Hermes nodded his head. "Yes, it appears when Artemis and her familia went to subjugate a monster, they accidentally awoke this beast."

"And you're saying this thing has captured her. Hermes, do you understand what you're implying with this" Miach asked.

Hermes solemnly nodded his head. "I do. If we don't act quickly, I'm afraid we'll lose Artemis forever."

The room was silent as the small group processed this information. If they didn't act quickly, Artemis would be sent back to heaven.

"Then let's get going. What are we waiting for" Bell calmly said.

"Alright, wait a minute Bell. You and Anya just got back from saving Airmid. Don't you two need some rest first? Maybe a proper meal?" Nazha protested.

"Nazha dear, we don't exactly have time. Artemis is located in the ruins of the temple of Elsos. By foot, it's a month's journey. By dragon, it'll take ten days. If we don't leave now, Artemis will be gone," Hermes calmly explained.

Bell was confused. If the ruins were that far away, how did Rethusa find them? She would've bled out way before she stumbled across Bell and his party.

"Hermes is your math wrong," Bell asked.

Hermes turned to face Bell. "No, Bell, why do you ask."

Something was wrong. Someone placed Rethusa next to Bell. They wanted her to find him.

"Because her captain stumbled upon us. She's alive, but she was badly injured. If what you're saying is true, she would've bled out before even making it close to us," Anya explained.

Hermes put his hand to his chin as he thought. "Well, that's odd. Asfi, do you have any ideas as to what could've happened"

Asfi shook her head. "No, lord Hermes. Our forward watchman didn't see or hear anyone get past them. Even if Rethusa walked out of that temple, our familia would've seen her."

Now everyone was confused. How did Rethusa, who was missing an arm and an eye and bleeding profusely? Stumble across Bell and his party, which were 28 days away from her.

"I believe I can offer an explanation," A female voice behind them said.

Bell quickly whirled around Dawn's Ballad in his hand.

Standing in front of him was a petite blonde-haired girl. She had golden eyes and small but noticeable dragon horns on each side of her head.

Regis jumped off the couch as he recognized the small girl.

"Oh shit, what's up, Slyvie" he greeted.

Sylvie simply rolled her eyes as she reached down and petted Regis on the head.

"Yes, hello mutt, it's good to see you."

"Still as bitchy as ever, I see. How ya been" Regis asked.

"I've been well, but time for pleasantries can wait. I'm here to offer a solution for your means of transportation to the temple of Esos."

Sylvie had her arms in front of her in a regal-like matter. Her back was straight, and her posture was full of confidence. She was quite possibly the fourth strongest being in the world.

Of course, that number would go down drastically if the gods unsealed their powers. But as it stood right now, Slyvie could kill every person in the room in the blink of an eye.