First Encounter

Three

Two

One

"Kriiinnnggggg!!!"

Yes!! Finally the school session for this year come to its end. And next year will be my last year of school. I'll be free at last.

I don't have student council meeting today. Basketball practice also. So what should I do now? I don't want to go home yet.

"Eimi, lets wander around school."

"Why is that?"

"No specific reason. I just feel like it."

"No thanks. Just go by yourself. I don't want to be chased by your fangirls around school today."

"They won't be here anymore at this time." I lied. No, I didn't lie I just hope it was true.

"Whatever. I'm heading home."

Great. So I have to go alone with my boring self. 

Never mind.

I walked out of my classroom. There's still a lot of people at the corridor. As expected. Everyone want to meet their loved one for the last time for this year. Huh. Why don't I be seeing anyone?

As I walked toward the school entrance, I saw a flock of girls screaming and yelling my name. Oh no. Not them. I rather be alone than meet them.

"Satoshi!! I love you!!" Someone from the crowd screamed then everyone started to chase me.

This is bad! I should have trust my instinct. These girls will never leave me in peace. They were like zombies attracted to human brain. It would be better if I just go home earlier. Too late to regret it now though. Better run now.

I ran like my life depend on it. I don't know where I'm heading. I climbed stairs, jumped out of the windows, entered the washroom several times and broke into classes but then suddenly I heard a beautiful sound at the back of my head.

[play the video]

I went to the direction of the sound. The sound became clearer and clearer as I kept running. My feet stopped at the door of the music room. This is where the sound came from. I opened the door slowly and peeked from the small opening.

There's a grand piano in the middle of the room. And someone's playing it. I can't see who it was because it was a little dark in there. Suddenly the wind blew through the opened window and flipped open the curtain. The evening ray bathed the room. Strings of black hair covered the face of a girl. She put the hair aside and uncovered her face.

Her skin is white as snow. Her lips are so red. Her nose.. they're just perfect. Her hair is long and shining from the sunshine. I couldn't see her eyes because she closed them. Did she just played the music with her eyes closed?

"An angel?"

I thought I only said it in my mind but I could hear it with my own ears. Without realizing it, my hand pushed the door and it banged on the wall. Why on flat earth did I do that?

The girl was startled and she opened her eyes and unveiled the almond color of he orbs.

They are so beautiful.

We both stared at each other for a short period of time then she stood up and left the room in a hurry. I still froze on the doorway when I saw a pair of glasses on the piano. It must be hers.

I took it and ran after the girl. Luckily she's only at the end of the corridor. However she seem so hopeless. She walked forward to where a wall was waiting for her and hit it hard. I couldn't help but a chuckle slip from the filthy mouth of mine.

"I'm so sorry. Is this yours?" I handed the glasses over to her. Her forehead was red and so was her cheek. She was pissed off, I could see that. She snatched the glasses from my hand and stomped her way through the building.

I looked at her until her figure disappeared from my sight.

She didn't even thanks me.