A Boy Friend?

Intellect week will take place in the next two weeks for a whole week. There's many events will be going out in school. There's competitions, forums, theater plays and many others. All clubs and society will take part in the event. The Student Council will monitor and assist in managing the flow of the events. We will be super duper busy this two weeks.

I was assigned to arrange the schedule of the competitions. That is like a jackpot for me because I can arrange it to my liking so that I can take part in all the competitions I want.

There's a debate competition. Sounds interesting. But I have to make a team of three. Who should I ask?

"I heard that there's a debate competition during the Intellect Week." Iori said during lunch.

"Yes, it will take place for two days. The qualification until semifinal for a day and the final round the next day."

"I always wanted to try it."

"Really? I was just going to ask you if you want to make a team with me. So, do you want to join?"

"Yeah. It will be fun. We need three person, right? Furihara-san, come join us."

"I'm not good at talking at public. It will be embarrassing."

"No it's not. Just think it as an experience once for a lifetime."

"Hmm.. I'll think about it."

"Miyuki-san, just put in her name."

"But.." Furihara is still hesitating.

"No more excuse." Iori sure is a strict person.

"Don't worry, Furihara-san. I'm not good at talking to public too. We'll support each other, okay?" I tried to console her.

"Good luck girls! I'll cheer for you!" Akemi returned after messing with the other classmates.

So, I'll join the debate competition. What else should I join?

Music Showcase sounds fun too. I can play the piano. Drawing competition, Young Scientist Showdown, Math Quiz. Wow! There's a lot. I better jot it down somewhere.

~~~~~

It's nine o'clock in the night. I just finished my homework. I'll draft the schedule for Intellect Week first tonight and show it to the project director tomorrow.

The Christina Perry's song, Bluebird is playing on my laptop. Suddenly a message popped up on my phone. It's an unusual for my phone to receive texts because I don't really like to. I don't really need a phone actually. However, I have to use it as it is my birthday present from mom and dad.

It's an unknown number.

X: Hi there. I want to ask about the Intellect Week schedule. Ken-sensei asked me to check it first before you present it to him.

Miyuki:Who is this?

X: I'm Satoshi from 3-B. Nice to meet you :)

WHAAATTT DA FREAAKKK???

It's the psycho!!!

I almost let go the phone from my hands. Just reading that name made my heart skipped a beat. The incident from yesterday flashed into my mind. Arrrggghhh!!! It's embarrassing.

Calm down Miyuki. Calm down.

I keep staring at the message for fifteen minutes. I don't know what to reply. Then, another message arrived.

Satoshi:This is Miyuki, right?

Miyuki: Yes.

Satoshi: Glad I'm not wrong :)

Why does he keep texting? What should I reply?

Maybe I should apologize about yesterday. Well, he tried to save me but I didn't even thanks him. Besides, I called him psycho.

Miyuki:Um, sorry about yesterday. I shouldn't yell at you. And thank you.

Satoshi: Small matter. It was my fault actually. I shouldn't appear out of the blue. I think I'm the one who should apologize to you. For shouting at you the other day. Sorry ^^

Miyuki: When was that?

Satoshi:The first day you joined Student Council.

Miyuki: I already forgot about it. I didn't mind. I was just a bit shocked back then.

Satoshi:Now that we settled all the misunderstandings, lets be friends.

What?? He wanted to be my friends? Is this for real? But he's a man.

Hmm.. Never mind. I'll just try it.

Miyuki:Ok. But please don't talk to me at school unless if it's about work.

Gosh. I don't want anyone to know this. Especially Furihara.

Satoshi: But I want to talk with you :( Why?

Miyuki: I have my own reason.

Satoshi: Ok, Yuki-chan. Anything for you.

Miyuki: Who do you call Yuki?

Satoshi: You

Miyuki: Why? Only my family can call me that.

Satoshi: I have my own reason ^^

This jerk is getting on my nerves. I'm not replying anymore.

I continued my work till midnight. Then, at 12 o'clock sharp, the phone bleeped again.

Satoshi: Good night, Yuki-chan. Smile when you meet me, okay? Sweet dream.

My heart feels weird. This is the first time anyone had ever wished me goodnight (well, apart from my family). It's late already. I really need to sleep now.

If only I could, after all this.