Unveil

I came to school with baggy eyes today. I look like a panda, not a cute one but I don't really care. I don't want to care about anything anymore. I'm too exhausted emotionally and physically to give a damn about the world.

"Miyuki-san, you can tell me anything, you know?" Iori asked when we were alone during the lunch.

"Thanks, Iori-san, but I have nothing to say. I'm sorry."

"You shouldn't keep it to yourself. You looked depressed lately. I'm afraid you'll get sick someday."

"I won't. I'm strong enough to deal with all this mess by myself. I don't want to involve innocence people with my problem. Don't worry, Iori-san. I'm doing just fine." I faked a smile to her. The things I said are arguable. I myself wasn't sure about it.

Furihara and Akemi had just returned from the canteen with their food. They were talking about something as they walk.

"There was a fight among the basketball team after we left yesterday." Furihara said as she took a seat in front of me.

"Really?? What happened?" Akemi and Iori asked with a surprised look.

"I don't know the details but I know that Satoshi-senpai was involved in the fight. It wasn't that serious so they decided not to bring it up to the teachers."

He's putting a fight again, huh? So what is it this time? Oh wait! I don't want to know. I should not have to worry about him anymore because it's someone else's duty now.

They kept on talking about that stuff while I concentrated all six of my senses to the book I have in my hands. I really need to stop thinking about the unimportant things if I want to achieve my goal.

~~~~~

"That's all for today meeting. I hope everyone's clear about the things that we discussed and take action. You may dismiss."

The President of Student Council ended the weekly meeting quite late that evening. There's a lot of things they need to settle in a short period of time. The entrance examination is coming and the third year students will be busy with their preparations. The second year students will take over soon.

Miyuki stayed behind while the other left because she had something to discuss with the exco. The discussion last for about ten minutes and they're done.

Miyuki packed her things and left the Student Council room to return home. She walked down the corridor quickly because she wanted to reach home as soon as possible. She don't want to be caught in the rain that will fall to earth later.

"Yuki-chan."

Miyuki didn't notice that the black-haired man was waiting for her at the hallway. He stopped her by grabbing her wrist. He's been dying to talk to her since yesterday. Even during the meeting he wasn't focusing to what the President was saying but towards that girl instead.

"Let me go!" Miyuki struggled to free her hand from his grip. He's the last person she wanted to see in the whole world. She wished she never get to know him from the beginning so that she will not feel the pain that she's dealing right now.

"You promised to do anything I said, don't you? I won't ask for anything but for you to stay and hear to what I'm going to say. It's not that hard, isn't it?" Satoshi let of Miyuki's hand slowly.

Miyuki was taken aback by his words. She's not someone who break promise easily. In the end, she gave in and stood there quietly with her back facing him.

"Izuki told me everything about what happened. He was sorry for what he did."

Miyuki's brain was busy interpreting the things he said. Then she remembered about the fight that Furihara told earlier. 'So it was because of me after all.'

"Why must you keep it a secret? What are you afraid of, Yuki-chan? Is it wrong for you to have anything with me? Or do you just hate me?"

Silent.

"Look at me, Yuki-chan." Satoshi held Miyuki's arm and turned her to face him.

Miyuki's almond orbs met with Satoshi's intense stare. Miyuki averted her eyes from his eyes and saw the plaster at the side of his chin. It's a cut that he got from the fight. She raised her hand to touch the plastered spot. 'He got so many pain because of me. But he's not mine anymore. He has Furihara to take care of him. She'll hate me if she knows what I'd done to her boyfriend.'

Miyuki was shocked when she felt Satoshi's lips pressing on hers suddenly. Her heartbeat stopped for a second. Her eyes were wide open but all she saw was the image of her friend.

'He said he's done with her.'

'I'm going to confess to him.'

Furihara's words dangling in her brain.

Miyuki pulled off and pushed Satoshi aside with all her might. With tears flowing down her cheeks, she screamed on top of her lungs. "I hate you! Stop messing with my feeling!"

Miyuki ran to leave the man. Satoshi who was still in shock didn't make it to stop her from leaving. He watched the girl go as he cursed himself for what he did. He couldn't hold himself back from kissing the girl. He was drown by her mesmerising eyes and get caught in the moment. He never thought that his act will scare her. And now he made her hates him for real.

'I'm sorry, Yuki-chan. I wasn't planning to make you cry.'

"Satoshi-senpai.."

A purple-haired girl appeared from the corner. Her hands were trembling from the scene that happened before her eyes.

"Furihara-san.."

"So she's the girl that you loves so much."

"Yes."

"You said you're done with her. You're only giving me false hope."

"I'm sorry, Furihara-san. I wasn't able to move on. I can't stop from loving her. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I understand now. But I won't forgive you for making my best friend cry. You're only hurting her, senpai. Stay away from her!"

"Yeah, I should."

Furihara left the man with her heart broken to pieces. She's crying without tears. She felt like an idiot for not seeing the situation from the beginning. The mysterious girl that she was hunting was right in front of her eyes all the time. She told her everything about the girl yet Miyuki never say anything.

'What a great actress she is. Miyuki should get an award for that.'