Hospital Visit

Where am I?

That's the question that people always ask when they wake up from a comma. I'm not gonna ask that question though, as I'm fully aware of where I am. In the hospital of course.

"Yuki-chan!" Mom saw me opened my eyes. "You're awake finally. I'm worried about you, sweetheart. I told you not to push yourself too hard. Now look at you. You're lucky it's nothing serious. I almost passed out when I heard you collapsed. Don't you ever do that again. I don't want to lose my daughter." Sigh. Mom and her never ending nagging. 

"Okaasan, stop nagging at her. She just woke up. Give her time to rest." My older sister, Haru is here too, I couldn't see her clearly as she stood at the corner of the room. Speaking of that..

"Where's my spectacles?" 

"It's broken. We'll buy you a new one but you have to wait for it. Your father is very busy this week. Maybe next week you'll get it. By the way, your friends came yesterday. They sent you their regards."

"Yuki-chan, the teacher who brought you here, he's very handsome and kind. You know what, he was worried stiff about you. I think he likes you." Haru-neechan poked my cheek.

Oh, so Ken-sensei brought me here. I still can't see the full picture of what happened yesterday.

"Was it Ren? Rin?" Mom tried her best to remember the name.

"It's Ken."

"He's such a gentleman. It will be so nice if he marry into our family."

"Okaasan!" What's wrong with her? He's just my teacher.

"Hahaha.. Yuki-chan is blushing."

"I'm going to sleep now." I pulled the blanket over my head and turned my body to the other side. These women are giving me headache. Did they not see that I'm sick right now?

"Rest a lot. The doctor said you'll be discharged tomorrow but I'll not allow you attend school until I believe that you're healthy enough." Mom said as she patted my head.

~~~~~

On the other side of the world.

The gym was empty as the practice was over. However, a male student is still in the court, dribbling a basketball, twisting to the left and right before he stopped at the three-point line. He took his shooting position and threw the ball into a high arc toward the net. The ball hit the hoop and bounced into the air.

"Damn it!"

"That's the seventh time for today. What's wrong with you, Satoshi?" Eimi appeared from the dark. Satoshi didn't notice him before because he was too focused to the ball.

"I don't know."

"Was it because of Miyuki?"

"Maybe."

"If you are that worried why don't you go and see her. I bet she's still at the hospital."

That afternoon, Satoshi went to the hospital. He headed straight to Miyuki's room after asking the room number at the counter. From a distance, he saw a woman leaving the room.

"Is this Miyuki Furukawa's room?"

"Yes, it is. Are you her friend?" The lady asked him in return.

"Yes. Can I see her?"

"Sure, but she's asleep now. I'm going to buy some food for when she wakes up, so please look after her when I'm gone. I won't be long."

"Alright."

Satoshi twisted the doorknob and pushed the door slowly. He saw a figure sleeping soundly on the hospital bed. He sat on the chair at the left side of the bed. 

It was quiet but Satoshi could hear his own heartbeat going faster and faster. He looked at the girl. Her face was pale and she looks weak. Her hair was messy but she still looks cute, he thought. He took the girl's hand and grasped it with his hands. It was colder than before. 

Miyuki was awake when she felt someone touched her. But she kept her eyes closed as she don't know who is it.

"Yuki-chan.." The man uttered. 

His voice sounds familiar. And there's only one person calls her by that name apart from her family. 

'Satoshi-senpai! What he's doing here? Holy crap! I'm so ugly right now. This is embarrassing. I don't want him to see me in this state! I'll just pretend I'm still sleeping.'

"Get well soon, Yuki-chan. I want to see you smile again." He said as he fixed her hair that covered her face. He's still unaware that she's awake.

Miyuki's was trying her best not to let her heart to pump extra blood to her face. Suddenly, she felt the man went closer to her. He leaned forward to give her a kiss on her forehead. Miyuki couldn't control her throbbing heart and opened her eyes only to find his face few inches away from her. 

Their gaze met and tangled with one another. Both of them were flabbergasted and they froze in their position. Satoshi's fair complexion was burning with red and the same goes for Miyuki. Time seems to stop for the two teenagers to let them drown into the orbs of the one in front of their own.

Miyuki snapped into reality and turned her head to the other side abruptly. Satoshi was shocked by her sudden movement pulled himself away from her and quickly walked to the door and left the room. 

'What was I'm thinking?' Satoshi asked himself as he ran down the hallway.

"You're leaving already? I was just about to ask you to join our late lunch." The lady from before stumbled onto him at the corridor.

"I'm sorry. I have something to do at home." He walked hurriedly, leaving the confused lady by herself.

At the other hand.

'What happened just now? Am I still dreaming?' 

Miyuki hid her face under the blanket. Her mind was blank. She didn't know what to think about the strange feeling that arise from the bottom of her heart.

"Yuki-chan, your friend was running away like he saw a ghost. Did you say something bad at him?"

"I-I didn't do anything."

"I know you hate man but that was too mean. He wouldn't come if he didn't care about you."

'He cares about me?'

"What's his name? I forgot to ask him earlier."

"Psycho-senpai." Miyuki said in a low voice. 

"Pardon?"

"Satoshi-senpai."