Tears and Lies

"Is it true, Miyuki-chan?" 

Miyuki raised her head and looked at Satoshi. There's thousands of emotion combined together to make the look on his face right now. She couldn't stand the intense staring from him so she averted her eyes away. But then her sight fell to his right arm. It's not that obvious but when seen closely, she could see the scar. The scar that he got because of her. 'I'm sorry, Satoshi-senpai. I love you. But I will only make you hurt. Maybe this is the best for us.' 

Gripping her hands into fists, she looked down to the floor and with the very last bit of courage she had, she said it.

"Yes. I'm her girlfriend."

The crowd burst into an uproar but to Miyuki and Satoshi, it's a silent that never been that loud between them. All the hustle and bustle disappeared and there's only them in the distance that's growing farther and farther between them. Miyuki stole few glances to that only man in her heart but every time she looks she saw the man staring at her with his eyes full of pain. To say that she's hurt by that is an understatement.

The evening went on like that until everyone return to their homes. Miyuki kept her mouth shut all the way home even though the girls been asking her tons of question. She still couldn't grab the whole situation that she's handling right now. She didn't even know what's on her mind.

Back home, she went straight to bed with a hope that it was a dream and she will be awake from it in the morning. Without her consent, a drop of tear escaped her eye when her mind flashed back the look on Satoshi's face that night.

~~~~~

"Hey, what had just happened? I thought she's with you already. What's this all about?" Eimi was stressing himself with all the drama that just happened in front of his eyes. He was confused with everything. He knew how hard Satoshi was falling for her and he thought it was mutual. She's just like another younger sister to him and he thought he knew her well. Now he's not sure anymore.

"I don't know." Satoshi uttered slowly. His head is still numb with everything. The image of the girl and her words keep playing in his mind. His heart shuttered to thousands pieces with the thought of it.

"I'll go ask her myself. I don't believe any of this! Damn that Izuki."

"Don't." Satoshi uttered as he covered his face with his hands. He wanted to hide the pool of tears that's forming in his eyes.

Eimi was upset to look at his friend in that miserable state. He known him for a long time and never saw him like that before. He's not the kind of man who would shed tears just because of anything.

"Now I know why she wants to keep it a secret and why she wants me to stop contacting her. Everything makes sense now. I should have seen it earlier. So it turn out I was the only one who keeps chasing after her. I never get through her. She'll never see me as someone special to her. 

She's just like the star that I can never grab no matter how hard I reach for it. She gave me hope and made me love her more and more every single day and then she turn me down.

A star.

How irony is that?

If this is what she wants then I'll walk away from her life. I'll stop loving and caring for her." 

'No, you wont, Satoshi. I know you better.'

~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: I do not own the video.