Always There

After spending some boring days at home, mom finally gave me permission to go to school. I really need to catch up. I skipped many lesson so I have to study by myself. What a waste of time. And my spectacles are broken. It helps a lot. It's just the same as skipping school because I couldn't see anything that the teachers wrote on the whiteboard. I hate my life.

"Miyuki-chan, we're so glad you've recovered. I'm sorry, Miyuki-chan. I made you run and left you alone that day. It was my fault. I'm very sorry."

"It's not your fault, Akemi-san. I'm the one who asked for it. So, did you win?"

"I won the first place! I want to dedicate my victory to you. Here, some of snacks from the hamper I won and this is my medal." Even though I couldn't see it clearly, I can tell that they're beautiful. Never mind. I'll make you mine next year.

"Miyuki-san, are you alright without your glasses?" Hearing the voice, it must be Furihara.

"Not at all. I couldn't see a thing."

"I'll lend you my notebook for today and the days before."

"Me too. So, are you going to skip the tutor for today?" That's Iori.

"I think so. But I need to inform Ken-sensei first. I'll go tell him during lunch."

~~~~

"Miyuki-san, do you want to go to the staff room? Le's go together. Okamura-sensei called for me. It must be because of my grades." Iori heaved a sigh.

As we walked, Iori asked something at me.

"Miyuki-san, how is it going between you and Satoshi-senpai? You didn't tell me anything apart from you two texting."

"There's nothing to tell."

"Really? Lately I asked Furihara-san whether she found out about the mysterious girl yet."

"So, did she found out who she is?"

"Not yet. But guess what, she said there's someone else searching for the girl too. So you better be careful."

"Who is it?"

"Aira-senpai."

"Wait a minute. Why do I need to be careful? I have nothing to do about that."

"Stop denying it, would you? I know everything about love. They didn't call me the Love Doctor for nothing. I'm hundred percent sure you're the one."

This girl is creepy. She didn't buy any of my words at all. As I was about to say something, we stumbled onto Ken-sensei.

"Miyuki-san, are you feeling better today?"

"Yes. Thank you for sending me to the hospital."

"You're most welcome." 

"Um, sensei, can I skip the tutor until I got my new glasses? I couldn't see without them."

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of it from today. I've been very selfish to ask you to do my job."

"I didn't mind doing it. It also helps me in some way."

"You're such a good girl, Miyuki-san. That's why I love you so much. If you need anything just ask from me, okay?"

"You really should stop with that kind of joke, sensei. People might get the wrong idea."

"I'm not joking." He patted my head and left.

What does that mean? I really don't understand that man. He's giving me a headache. I better return to the classroom now. But wait! Where's Iori? When did she left? Great. Now I have to find the way on my own. Sigh. I hope I can reach the classroom without getting into any trouble.

I walked and walked to where my feet took me. I don't know where I am right now. It's quiet and there's no one around. I came to the conclusion that I'm lost in my own school. How pathetic is that?

I continued walking until suddenly a wall hit me.

"Hey, watch where you're going, lady. Don't your eyes work?" Since when did walls talk? It must be a human.

"You're Miyuki, right? You look much better up close. Let's hang out with me." The guy took my hand by force as he talks in front of my face. His breath smells like smoke that it made me sneeze.

Don't you dare touch me you son of a b*tch! Wait until my fist reaches your face then you'll know what is the real meaning of life.

"Let her go."

Why did he show up at this moment? I was just about to punch this tobacco-obsessed brain damage freak on his face.

"Why should I listen to you, huh? Get lost!"

"You got something nasty going on here. I'll not hesitate to report it to the teacher." He must means the cigarette.

The rude guy pushed me aside and left. I could hear a loud bang on the door as he slams the door.

"Yuki-chan, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Satoshi-senpai helped me to get on my feet.

Yeah I'm hurt. In my chest, by the presence of you. Apart from that I'm fine.

"I'm fine. I could have handled it myself." I stepped on my heels to leave him. I was so embarrassed to look at his face after the incident at the hospital.

"Let me take you to your classroom. You couldn't see your way, aren't you? Here, hold my hand."

No way! I rather stumble all the way to the classroom than having someone looking at me walking with him hand in hand.

"Kriinnggg!!!" It's the bell. So lunch is over now. I'm late for class for the first time in history. However I still stood there motionlessly.

"Don't be so stubborn, Yuki-chan. You will not make it alone in this state."

He grabbed my hand and dragged me toward the classroom. We were both being silence along the never ending journey. Only the sound of my abnormal heartbeat can be heard. Once in a while he'll tighten his grip so that my hand didn't fall off from his hand. What is this safe feeling I had with him around?

Have I gone out of my mind? I must throw away this mind trick. I should not let him walk me to my classroom or Furihara will see us. She might become suspicious. I'm lucky enough there's no one else at the hallway.

"Stop right here. I can walk on my own from here." I pulled my hand from his grip when I saw my classroom three classes away from where we're standing.

"I can walk you there. It's not that far away."

"No, thanks." I quickly leave the man who was smiling like a retarded.