<eleven>

i sat on the stairs as the rest of the team decided that rick, daryl, beth, oscar, and the woman who had come in would go to woodbury to save glenn and maggie. i listened into their conversation with the baby in my arms.

later i helped carry bags out to the car. daryl took some from me as they were heavy and he could see me clearly struggling. 'will you be okay?'

he chuckled 'i'll be fine. who do you think i am?'

i chuckled hugging him. i knew he didn't seem like the person to like physical contact but i couldn't care in that moment. i thought i had lost carol until not long ago, there was no way i wanted to loose him too. he had grown to be the person i looked up to.

i stayed beside carl as we watched them leave, us, carol, hershel, beth, and axel staying behind at the prison. one the car was out of sight, we slowly made our way back in. carl and i sat on the bottom bunk of our cell. 'we have a name for my sister now.' he mentioned.

i looked up from my hands which i was nervously fiddling with. 'what is it?'

'judith. it was my 3rd grade teachers name.' he told me.

i smiled, shuffling to sit closer to him. 'that's beautiful.'

we both crossed our legs, sitting as close as we could to each other. he stared into my eyes for a second before leaning in and quickly pressing his lips to mine. when he moved back, he looked shocked 'i'm sorry.'

i giggled at his reaction 'it's fine. i need to go talk to carol, i'll be back.' i left the room, heading down to the tables where carol was feeding judith.

i sat next to her, cooing over the baby in her arms 'hey judith.'

'is that her name? judith?'

'yeah, carl just told me that's what him and rick decided.'

'how's it going with carl?' she smirked 'don't act clueless either. everyone can see you two like each other. even daryl, and he's never been close to anybody in his entire life.'

i smiled and blushed looking down and mumbled 'he just kissed me.'

her face lit up 'oh my god, sweetie that's great. but remember, no further, you guys are only 13.' she joked.

i rolled my eyes and giggled 'yeah, yeah. i promise.'

carl came out with a big smile on his face, sitting down next to me. 'hey.'

'hey.'

carol looked away, widely smiling and carls face dropped 'you already told her?'

'carols basically grown to be like a mom best friend to me. what other reason would i disappear straight after saying i needed talk to carol for?'

he rolled his eyes, trying to seem annoyed but there was a smile on his face. carol jumped in 'i knew it was going to happen sooner or later anyway. you two really aren't good at hiding it when you like someone.'

it was getting late and we sat in one of the cells. judith was laying in beths arms as axel sat beside her, flirting.

carol dragged him outside, standing by the stairs while i sneakily followed, standing just outside the cell, listening in.

'what's the problem?' he asked.

'stay away from her.' carol ordered him. 'this isn't about you trying to repopulate the earth.

i didn't mean no offense.' he defended 'I've been locked up a long while and well there weren't many women, you follow me. i mean, maggie she's with glenn and you're a lesbian. i was just talking with her.'

i silently chuckled behind them, trying my hardest not to laugh.

'i'm not a lesbian.' carol laughed.

'you got the short hair?' axel defended his assumptions. 'you're not a lesbian? my, my. this is interesting.' he leaned against the railing, now trying his best attempt at flirting with her.

'no it's not.' carol walked away. she finally noticed that i was trying not to laugh. 'any you, can stop laughing.' she jokily pointed at me, trying not to burst into laughter herself.

i officially broke, nearly falling over and tears coming from my eyes.

it had gotten even later. beth and carl were sat on the stairs, reloading ammo. 'i finally got judith to sleep.' i took a seat beside carl.

'how are we on formula?' he asked.

i shrugged 'about enough to last maybe another month?'

he nodded 'i'll take carol for some more at the end of the week.'

'your dad and the others will be back by then.' beth added.

'we don't know that.' he replied. 'right now, judith is the only family i got.'

'they will be back.' i pulled him in 'they're strong. they'll get glenn and maggie back safe and sound with no one left behind in only a few days.'

'how do you know?' he asked.

'i have excellent intuition. and lighten up, you're bumming us out.'

he was going to say something, until we heard a scream from the distance.

'what was that?' beth straightened up, alert.

'that was from inside.' hershel told us.

'was that carol?' carl asked.

'couldn't be.' i shook my head 'she's at the guard tower, keeping watch with axel.'

'what if they came back in for something?' beth asked. 'what ifthey're in trouble?'

'let's check the tower, see if they're there?' hershel ordered.

'how could anyone else get in?' beth asked.

'the tombs are filled with walkers that wandered in from outside. someone else could've done the same thing.' hershel explained.

'i'm going.' carl added, grabbing his gun.

hershel blocked him with his crutch though 'i can't let you go down there.'

he shrugged 'my father would go.'

he let him go. 'i'll go with him, so at least he isn't alone.' i followed, catching up.

'taylor, what are you doing?'

'coming with you, so then you won't be wandering around by yourself.'

'you don't know how to use the gun.' he pointed out.

i shrugged 'how hard can it be? besides daryl at least talked me through it. safety off, aim, squeeze the trigger. it's not difficult.'

he rolled his eyes before dragging me behind him 'fine come on.'