Episode 37: Dog Days

"???"

"How is she, doctor?"  A voice called out.

"She's made a quick recovery, a lot faster than I could've possibly imagined in fact. She should be waking up in 5...4...3...2...1!"  Responded another.

Windblade's optics slowly open as she looks around and scans her surroundings, finding herself inside of a medical bay/laboratory. 

Windblade: I'm...alive?

"Indeed."

Optimus Prime walks over to Windblade's medical berth as she looks over to her left.

Windblade: Optimus Prime...it...it's an honor to meet you, sir!

Optimus Prime: Likewise, soldier!

Ratchet walks up to the berth.

Windblade: How long has it been?

Ratchet: Three days. The extent of your injuries were severe. Luckily, we brought you as soon as we did. Otherwise, we may not be having this conversation right now.

Windblade: And for that I thank you, Ratchet!

Ratchet: You...know me?

Windblade: Of course I do! Everyone back home does! You're a living legend!

Ratchet: Pfft. Well...I...umm...well...it would seem that my reputation precedes me!

Windblade slowly attempts to sit herself upright and stand to her feet. 

Optimus Prime: Easy there, soldier. 

Optimus and Ratchet help Windblade to her feet.

Ratchet: Let's go get you some nourishment! I'm sure it's been awhile!

Windblade: That it has! I'm so hungry I could can eat a Dinobot right about now!

Optimus and Ratchet lead Windblade outside and down the hallway to the kitchen.

"Autobot Base, 8:00 P.M"

In the kitchen, Windblade sits at the table, eating a bowl of Cybertronian Stew and drinking a glass of Energon as she was surrounded by the members of Team Prime.

Optimus Prime: What is your name, soldier, and what brings you to Earth?

Windblade takes a sip of her Energon before setting her empty glass aside.

Windblade: My name is Windblade. I'm with Cybertron's Elite Guard. I was assigned with tracking down and capturing Decepticon fugitives all over the galaxy. For the past eight months, I had a lead on the Decepticon seeker, Skywarp, the youngest of Windbreaker's sons, or so I thought. As I move in on the planet that intel suggested my fugitive was located on, I was ambushed and forced to retreat. I was chased by him and lackeys for light-years before they finally managed to shoot down myself and force me to crash land on this crown jewel of the galaxy. The rest is history.

Ratchet: So what will you do now?

Windblade: I'm not sure. I guess I'll just have to stick around this place until I completely recover.

Optimus Prime: Windblade, you're free to stay with us for as long as you need to.

Windblade: Thank you, Optimus.

Windblade stands to her feet.

Windblade: Thank you all!