𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐞 || 𝐝𝐞𝐰, 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦

dewdrop, phantom

fuckin angsty

inspired by the scene at the end of the mockingjay with katniss and the cat and by RoseGhoost's oneshot "goodbye" (it's so good i hope you don't mind me getting inspo)

706 words

The band ghoul's den has been quiet. Too quiet. Ever since Aether was forcibly moved to work with taxes, it hasn't been the same. And with Sunshine MIA because of ghoul flu, all has been unwell. Especially with Dew. The little fire ghoul would lock himself away in his room for hours on end. His partner in crime, his best friend, was gone. And the person he considered a sister was ill and in quarantine. All of it was too much for him. An explosion was bound to happen.

"Spar-" Swiss tried to call out but Dew cut him off. He hasn't seen Aether in far too long and it left him wrecked. He didn't leave his room unless he really needed to. No ghoul has talked to him since. It made all the drama worse, especially for Rain, who felt like his best friend hated him now. Dew knew the other ghouls felt the same about Aether's sudden departure, but he never thought that his unhealthy coping mechanisms would harm them too.

"Dew wait!" Rain tried to catch up with him but Dew stormed into the kitchen, slamming the door in his face. The poor water ghoul stood there before finding comfort in Swiss's embrace. His only wish was for Dew to realize that he could go to his fellow packmates for comfort.

The kitchen was quiet as Dew slammed the door. He huffed and looked up, expecting to see the window. But standing in front of it was the ghoul he didn't want to see at all. It was his replacement. A reminder that he was never coming back. Dew growled.

"You!" he snarled. "This is all your fault!" Phantom whipped around and put his hands up.

"He's never coming back! He's not coming back because of you!" Dew's voice was filled with pain and anger. Phantom backed into the counter as he stomped forward.

"This is all your fault! So just get out!" He aggressively pointed towards the door. "Go

away!" Phantom gulped and stepped away from the counter, only to step back against it once more as Dew growled again.
"I hate you! He's not coming back! My best friend is gone because of you!" A rouge tear slipped down his cheek, his voice thick with emotion. He stepped forward again, now only a couple feet from the frightened ghoul.

"I don't wanna see you ever again! Get out!" his voice was strangled as more tears slipped down his face. He hated showing weakness in front of the new guy. But all the emotions he's been holding in were finally escaping, making it impossible.

"It's all your fault," he choked out and fell into the quintessence ghoul. "I miss him." Phantom wrapped his arms around him, not knowing what else to do. Aether only taught him how to play guitar and tell jokes, not calm down a raging fire ghoul.

Sobs wracked through the small ghoul's body. His best friend was gone and he was crying into his replacement's embrace. That wasn't something on his 2023 bingo card. He clung to the back of Phantom's shirt.

"You're right," Phantom mumbled. "I'll never be able to fill his shoes." Dew looked up in shock.

"He means so much to you guys...how am I supposed to compete with that?" his voice slightly wavered. "I should be the one in the infirmary, not him." Phantom looked at the ceiling, his arms falling to his sides. Dew stepped away. He's agreeing with me?

"I'll always be in his shadow, even if he's not here. It's been like that forever." Dew stared at him with confusion. Phantom looked at him and sighed.

"He's my brother, dumbass." Dew's eyes widened. Aether's gonna kill me.

"I'm sorry," he finally said. Phantom offered an obviously fake smile, which pissed Dew off. He shouldn't have agreed with Dew's little rant earlier, that was just all of his pent up anger! Poor guy is probably even more insecure. I fucked up. Dew pulled him into an awkward hug. Phantom stumbled before wrapping his arms around the fire ghoul.

"Forget everything I said earlier. I forgive you." Phantom sighed and hugged him tighter.

"Do you think he's gonna be proud of me?"

"Definitely, kid."

even if we're sad about our dear banana boy leaving, go support chris and his work !!! AND IF YOU BULLY PHANTOM OR AURORA I'LL FUCK YOU UP !!!!!