𝐩𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 || 𝐝𝐞𝐰 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

dew x masc reader

just two idiots being idiots and not taking the hint

slight mention of abuse

1856 words

 "Any advice?" y/n asked, weaving his fingers through another section of the fire ghoul's hair. Dewdrop shrugged. Just because he fucked around and had the whole pack wrapped around his boney little finger does not mean he knows how to act on a date. He does actually, he just can't bring himself to tell the male behind him. His best friend (the love of his life) was going on a date with some sister who couldn't keep her hands to herself and wanted more.

"I got nothing," he replied. But he knew what to do. Compliment her, show her you care, take her back to your room for some fun. Then maybe ask for another date. But the only thing he could say was 'be yourself'. Like that would help. He knew y/n was nervous and only had an hour before he had the date. Get over yourself. You don't have a chance with him anyway.

y/n finished another braid, braiding it together with two other braids like he had done the time before. If he was being honest, he didn't want to go on this date. Sure, the sister was nice, but he couldn't get his mind off the small ghoul sitting between his legs. How could he go on this date when everything he's ever wanted was right there. The sister's green eyes were no match for Dew's glamoured blue ones. Or his unglamoured red ones. Her wild blue hair, which was pretty soft, looked crunchy and dead in comparison to the fire ghouls silky smooth hair.

Dew leaned back further into the couch, his head dropping onto the seat cushion. y/n looked ethereal sitting above him. His eyes scanned his face, noticing the small crease between his eyebrows.

"You'll be fine," he assured, "she likes you, that's why she asked you out." y/n pursed his lips on nodded, shoving Dew's head back up so he could continue the braid he began earlier. He sighed and closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. This date would go nice and he wouldn't have to worry about Dew rejecting him anymore. The sister would like him and give him a reason to forget his feelings for the ghoul.

"What if she wants to kiss? I've never kissed someone before," y/n wondered out loud. "What if I mess up? Or do it wrong?" Dew leaned his head back again, not caring about y/n's silent protests. He could just fix the braid later. He turned around and kneeled between y/n's legs, looking into his eyes curiously.

"Want some practice?" He didn't know where all the confidence came from, but it was there and fueling his bad ideas.

"How do you practice kissing?" y/n raised an eyebrow and watched Dew stand up, staring down at him. He gently cupped his face, his red eyes searching his face for any discomfort. When he found none, he brought his confused friend's face closer.

"Like this." He closed the gap between them, their lips molding together perfectly. y/n's eyes widened. He must be dreaming. Dew would never kiss him. Never in a million years would this be happening! However, Dew's thumb brushing gently across his cheek brought him back to reality, reminding him that this is happening and he isn't imagining things. His eyes fluttered shut and he melted into the kiss. Dew pulled away seconds later, smirking down at y/n's flustered face.

"If I was an expert in kissing–which I am–I would say you're pretty good." Dew patted his shoulder and returned to his spot against the couch, leaning his head back to glance at y/n.

"Relax, you'll be fine." He leaned his head up and let y/n continue to braid his hair. He folded his hands in his lap and let his mind wander to the kiss. The way their lips molded together. The way y/n's lips still tasted like the cookies he had eaten earlier. The way his skin felt under his hands. How his face flushed deep red when he pulled away. There was no way he was going to survive y/n going on a date with someone that wasn't him. y/n tied all the braids together and wrapped them into a bun, pining it up nicely.