𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 || 𝐜𝐨𝐩𝐢𝐚 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

copia x masc ghoul reader

fluffy marshmallows (i'll write angst someday 🤪)

843 words

Another painful coughing fit wracked throughout the ghoul's body. The ghoul flu had been going around for about a week now, and he had just the luck to catch it. Snot dribbled out of his nose. Why me?????????

"Oh, tesoro, are you alright? I can hear you coughing from down the hall." a worried Copia stepped into the room.

"Just a col–" he was cut off by another fit of coughs. Copia rushed to their bedside, slipping off a glove. He laid his hand on y/n's forehead.

"You're burning up!" he gasped. "Even for a fire ghoul, this is unhealthy!" Copia brushed the hair of y/n's face. Their half lidded eyes stared weakly into his.

"I'll be right back." Copia stood up and marched out of the room. y/n sighed and stared at the ceiling. He always had ghoul flu back in hell, and that was like a small cold, so why is having it topside any different?! He closed his eyes and sniffled. Why must I suffer like this????? When can I see the sun again???????? Will I die here???????

He was snapped out of his thoughts when Copia came rushing in once again. He had a wet rag and a large bottle of water in his hands, He kneeled by his bedside once again and placed the rag on his forehead. The cold dampness (???) of the rag made the ghoul sigh. It was so much better that the occasional cold side of the pillow he would come across.

"Have some water, caro." Copia held the water bottle out to y/n He grabbed it, instantly chugging half of the bottle. As he pulled the bottle away, a rouge drop of water dribbled down his cheek. Copia brought his hand up and whipped it away. y/n hoped that this blush could be excused for sickness.

"Am I dying?" y/n mumbled.

"Ah, tesoro mio bello, you aren't dying!" Copia replied, taken aback. "It's just the flu, it'll be gone in a couple days." y/n was relieved. Perhaps I will see the sun again!!!!! I won't be confined to this room forever!!!! y/n relaxed further into the pillows. However his relaxation was cut short by another coughing fit. Copia gently rubbed his back. When the coughing ended, y/n fell limply to his pillow.

"Oh, caro," Copia mumbled. He brushed the hair from his face again, resting his hand on his forehead. y/n sighed, his breath uneven.

"I hate this," he whispered hoarsely.

"I know," Copia said, "but it will be over soon." Copia ran his hand through the ghoul's hair. He hated seeing him in pain. It made his heart clench with sadness. y/n came undone under his touch. A soft purr rumbled through his body. Copia smiled, trying to hide his obvious blush.

"I hope you feel better, carissimo, but I must get going." Copia moved to stand up, but a warm hand caught his wrist.

"Don't go," y/n whined. His lips formed a pout. Copia paused. Surely my ghouls can wait to start practice. He sighed and turned back towards the ghoul's bed. y/n patted the space in his nest next to him, motioning for Copia to lay down. Copia couldn't resist the adorable face that y/n had done. He slipped into the nest right next to him. y/n rolled over and buried his face into his side. Copia's heart welled with affection and love.

"Just go to sleep, tesoro," he whispered, running his fingers through y/n's hair. The soft purr had resumed to rumble throughout y/n's body. Copia smiled and pulled him closer, not ever wanting to let go of his beloved ghoul. A soft snore escaped y/n's mouth. Copia looked down to see them completely knocked out.

"Sweet dreams, amore."

"Hurry up, he's just down the hall!"

"Why is he in the ghoul quarters?"

"Just be quiet!"

Dewdrop, Swiss and Rain ran through the halls, in search of their Copia. They stopped in front of a certain ghouls door.

"Why the hell is he in y/n's room?" Dew questioned.

"Dude, shut up!" Rain poked his side. Dew glared at him.

"Shh!" Swiss put his finger over his lips and opened the door. Dew and Rain poked their heads in under his (basically like the cartoon characters when they peep around the corner, you know) Swiss had to put a hand over his mouth to keep all the aws and their so cutes from escaping.

There on the bed in front of them, Copia laid with a very sick y/n curled up in his arms. Both were sound asleep.

"I'm sure he won't mind missing game night," Dew muttered. Rain nodded and pulled Dew down the hall with him.

"You comin' Swiss?" Rain looked back.

"Give me a sec." Swiss pulled a camera from out of nowhere and snapped a picture of the adorable scene in front of him. Just wait till he sees this framed on the wall of the commons!!

this was sitting in my drafts for like a week cause what are words. send requests pls my poor brain is fried

(no i didn't write this just so i could fulfil my need of wanting to be called italian terms of endearments idk what ur talking about)