𝐛𝐚𝐝 (?) 𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐚 || 𝐝𝐞𝐰 𝐱 𝐩𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦

dew and phantom <3

stupid shenanigans and idiots being idiots 

requested by phantomghoul8

711 words

 Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Nope!!"

"Then why-"

"Trust the process, kid."

"But-"

"Shhh.."

Dew carefully approached the sleeping Mountain on the couch, sharpies of all colors in hand. Phantom followed close behind, a mixture of excitement and nervousness on his face. He really had no idea why he agreed to help Dew with the silly prank, yet here he was.

"He isn't gonna wake up, right?" Phantom asked quietly as he chewed on his nails.

"Stop worrying about it," Dew replied confidently. He uncapped the black sharpie, a mischievous glint in his eyes. Phantom watched as Dew started by drawing a mustache right under Mountain's nose. How he didn't notice the distinct smell of sharpies will always be a mystery.

"Come draw something," Dew whispered, snapping Phantom out of his thoughts. "I promise he won't wake up." Phantom thought for a second, debating whether it was really worth it.

"Ok," he finally whispered back, grabbing a purple sharpie from Dew's hands. He uncapped it as quietly as he could before bringing it down to Mountain's face and drawing a small bat.

"See? That wasn't so bad," Dew commented, watching as a wide smile spread across Phantom's face. Phantom capped the purple sharpie, reaching for the blue one. He uncapped it and put the tip to Mountain's forehead, drawing a tiny smiley face.

"Leave some room for me," Dew whispered, uncapping the red sharpie. He drew a cluster of dicks all over Mountain's cheek, right next to the bat Phantom drew earlier. After about three and a half seconds, Mountain's face was covered in a collage of little doodles. Dew smiled at his work, most of it consisting of dicks and scribbles.

"Are you sure he isn't gonna murder us or something?" Phantom asked, biting his lip. Even after all the fun he had with the sharpies, the anxiety still lingered.

"Don't worry, bug. I've done this before. He won't get mad," Dew assured, patting Phantom's shoulder. "Now let's go before he wakes up."

Dew grabbed Phantom's wrist, leading him out of the common room. He maneuvered past the Siblings of Sin in the hallway and finally to the garden.

"Why are we here?" Phantom asked as Dew brought him to the greenhouse.

"Mountain won't get mad if I take care of his children," Dew replied simply, tying his hair back and grabbing his air of gloves from Mountain's shelf. Phantom moved to the tiny couch in the corner, watching Dew with a faint blush on his face. The way he walked through the rows of plants, his brows furrowed in concentration, made Phantom's heart skip a beat.

"Can I help?" Phantom finally asked, his gaze locked on the plant Dew was currently watering.

"Of course," Dew muttered, "Come get gloves." Phantom obeyed quickly, grabbing a pair of gloves from a table that looked like they would fit him before joining Dew by the plants. Dew handed him the watering can, guiding his hand over to a plant that seemed a little dry.

"Make sure you don't drown the plant," Dew instructed, watching as Phantom tipped the watering can. Phantom nodded, listening to the water hit the leaves.

"Is that good?" He asked after a couple seconds. Dew nodded, grabbing the watering can and setting it down on the table.

"Let me–"

"Dewdrop!!!"

'Shit! Run!" Dew half-shouted-half-laughed when he heard Mountain's voice. Phantom squealed, running after Dew.

"You said he wouldn't be mad!" Phantom yelled over the wind rushing past his ears.

"Just wait, we'll be fine!" Dew replied, grabbing onto Phantom's arm and pulling him down behind a rock right next to the lake. Phantom took a second to catch his breath, listening to Mountain shouting from afar. Then the shouting stopped. It was quiet for a while, only the sound of both Dew and Phantom's breathing breaking the silence.

"Both of you are dead." Phantom jumped, whipping around to see Mountain towering over both him and Dew.

"But–" Sodo tried to argue, only to be cut off by Mountain.

"You didn't give my plants enough water, you're dead." Phantom let out a sigh of relief, only to realize that he was the one who didn't give the plants enough water.

"Oops," he murmured, his face flushing.