The Trial

Scarlett's POV

Today's the day. Yesterday, I had the best possible morning with Anastasia, and today, today I will have the worst possible morning. I haven't seen him since that night. I'm anxious, I'm stressed and I'm mostly scared. The trial will only touch the physical assault that happened that night, if we win, which Ekaterina keeps saying we will, I could sue for abuse. I know I want to do it, I want to show my Rose that her mom is strong, to teach her how to be strong, but it doesn't make it any less scary. I just want all of this to be over.

It's around 9:30am and I'm getting ready to go to the trial. Ekaterina had texted last night telling me she would be picking me up around 11:00am. I was about to start getting dressed when I received an email from my publicist. It said: Were you aware of this? And it was a video that had gone viral of Anastasia with a bunch of hickeys leaving a hotel with Lizzie, hugging each other tightly. Not going to lie, I panicked for a second but when I looked at that video a second time, I noticed the date . It was the morning after Anastasia had left my place after we spent the night together, and those hickeys are the hickeys I gave her. It's just a huge misunderstanding. I felt relieved. Don't get me wrong, I don't think Lizzie would ever do that to me but I've been cheated on before. Anyway, I've got bigger problems right now and that video is just a big misunderstanding. I'll talk to Anastasia and Liz later, I know Robbie must be confused, I hope Lizzie got the chance to talk to him already. I emailed my publicist back, since I had mentioned her I had some sort of relationship with Anastasia and we would see how to approach that with the media, and told her it was just a situation taken out of context. I finished getting ready and before I knew it, Ekaterina was knocking on my door.

— 30 minutes later —

Ekaterina made sure I was ready. You're never fully ready with those things but I was prepared. We got there. Chris, Elizabeth and even Robbie were already there. They met us at the parking lot. No one else knew about the situation but them and Colin, Ekaterina made sure nothing got leaked. We all agreed, yes, even Colin, that we wanted things to be private. On my side, I didn't want the media making this experience worse, on Colin's side, he didn't want to ruin his perfect boy reputation. So, that's how things were arranged. We all went inside. Saying I was nervous would be an understatement. Ekaterina had assured me Anastasia would be occupied all day long so I wouldn't have to worry about that but once this is over, I'll tell her. I don't want to keep lying. Not after the night we had, she was so understanding and I haven't felt like this in... forever. I don't want to start something based on lies.

Third Person's POV

It was time for the trial to start. The jury, the judge, the defendant and everyone needed was there. This is a criminal trial. Scarlett Ingrid Johansson versus Colin Kelly Jost. The battle was about to begin. The tension in the room was clear, even though there weren't a lot of people. The judge instructed "All rise". It had begun. The trial was intense, to say the least. Anger, fear, sadness, frustration, and a mix of several other emotions were felt in the thick air of that courtroom. Testimonies were given. Evidence was shown. Lawyers fighting and playing dirty. Ekaterina would do anything and everything to make sure Colin would be exposed.

After hours and hours spent on that courtroom, the day was over. The fight wasn't over but Ekaterina was satisfied with how it went today. Scarlett and her friends, all exited the courthouse. Scarlett was clearly distressed but the young lawyer reassured her to not worry. The next few days, they would need to go back and continue the trial but soon enough, it would be over. Guilty or not guilty? Was the question that the actress would repeat in her brain during those dark days.

In the meantime, Anastasia had just began feeling uneasy. A thousand things went through her head after Lizzie's incident. Could it be? It couldn't, I can't be. Volkova would spend the next few days investigating, observing and gathering as much information as possible about those 2 men Lizzie had described. The task wouldn't be easy but Anastasia had her ways.

Now, as for Scarlett and Anastasia, they continued to stay in touch, although both had the excuse of "work" to try and solve and figure out their personal problems. While the actress was gaining strength and confidence, the model was scared to fall down the same rabbit hole she had fallen into years before. Paranoia is a symptom of the old Anastasia. The Anastasia that was always scared, the Anastasia that seeks revenge, the Anastasia that was hollow inside, the Anastasia that craved for blood to feel in control. The Anastasia that was a monster, or as "they" would called her "Satan's Daughter".

— 3 Days Later —

It was the verdict day. Today, they would know if Colin would be found guilty or not. After days of misery, Scarlett was glad it would all be over soon. The judge asked the jury to read their verdict. "...we, the jury, find Colin Kelly Jost... guilty of assault against Miss Scarlett Ingrid Johansson..." one member of the jury read. As soon as the actress heard those words, she felt a huge weight being lifted from her shoulders. A wave of confidence, relief and hope hit her momentarily because Ekaterina hugged her in celebration. Orlova knew they would win but she could see the older woman was relieved and that was always what reminded her of the good she'd done.

It was over. At least partially. The divorce papers were signed by both parties no long after. Scarlett called her agents and told them she was ready to go back to work. Yes, war wasn't over yet, but for the moment, the actress felt like she needed to get her life back to normal. Begin to prepare for the next battle but celebrate this victory.