The Imprisoned Turnabout (Part 8!!!!!!!!)

Testimony: Dogen's Explanation... 

Dogen: First of all, I would like you to explain my motive. I do not know anyone by the name of Knightley. We share no connection. So, I wouldn't think some motive for murder would just appear out of nowhere. Or are you insinuating my Anubis had a motive? Keh heh heh. He only bares his fangs at others on my command.

Kay: Ugh. Coming from an assassin, it's really persuasive. 

Edgeworth: Hmph. An assassin who only kills acquaintances? I doubt that would be profitable.

Dogen: I may kill strangers in my line of work, but I never make it personal.

Rebuttal... 

Dogen was obviously lying in his second statement, so- 

(Y/N): OBJECTION!!! Age has caught up with you Dogen. If you had your dog clean up after you, you should have disposed of this too.

You presented the memo from Knightley. 

(Y/N): This is a record of a correspondence chess game found in the victim's cell. This record, and the chessboard in your cell... Both clearly depict the same game.

Dogen: Wh-What...!

(Y/N): I've heard that the number of possible chess positions is around 10¹²⁰.

Rainbow: Hmmm ... 10 x 10, 120 times. 100, 1000... Umm... I-Is that even a real number!?

(Y/N): It is. There's absolutely no way these two could have coincided by chance.

Edgeworth: (Y/N) is correct. Tell us your reason for killing Knightley! Unless you intend to explain this as a coincidence.

Dogen: ........Keh. Keh heh heh. Well. Don't they say that the truth is stranger than fiction? It is as you said. This is merely a coincidence.

Kay: But there's no way that could have happened! 

Dogen: My correspondence chess opponent was the victim in this incident? What a horrible coincidence. Aren't you shocked too, Anubis? The Animal Show, or something. That was when everyone left. Anubis brought the body to my cell... Keh heh heh. He had already been stabbed in the neck with the murder weapon. I did not wish to be suspected. So I had Anubis carry the body to the workroom. After that, he pulled out the murder weapon and returned to me.

Fluttershy: So, Anubis was the one who took the murder weapon. Not you? 

Dogen: That's right. If I pulled out the murder weapon here, the blood would have been a problem.

(Y/N): Huh, I guess Sawhit was telling the truth when he said he saw Anubis biting on Dogen's neck. But Anubis didn't kill Knightley. He was just pulling the murder weapon out. Knightley was long dead before that happened. 

Dogen: Oh, yes. That prisoner's testimony. It surprised me when I first heard it. It's not often that Anubis makes a blunder like that. Right, boy? Now, I believe that explains my actions. I did not kill him. All I did was remove the murder weapon. Now, will that be all? Anubis is getting tired.

Ray: OBJECTION!!! Hang on a second there, Mr. Dogen. 

Edgeworth: Mr. Shields, what are you doing? 

Ray: Isn't there one thing you haven't explained? Why would you need to pull out the murder weapon in the first place?

Twilight: Hey! Mr. Shields has a point! Dogen had to have Anubis drag the body in order to draw suspicion. But that doesn't explain why would he need the murder weapon.