Apologies

I sit in the Godswood, Sansa sitting on the grass in front of me while I practice my braiding on her long beautiful hair. Neither of us are talking just taking in the peacefulness of it all and our own thoughts. Sitting here had made me forget my anger at Jaime and replaced it with the sadness of all the loss we had faced. Someone clears their throat disturbing the quiet and we both look to see Jaime standing with his arms behind his back. He bows his head to us, "may I speak with Lady Lya alone?"

Sansa looks at me and I allow her hair to fall, staying weaved together but it will fall out soon without some sort of ribbon. It wasn't very good anyway. "You can go," I tell her. She stands and starts to walk away. She stops and glares at Jaime for a moment and then continues on her way. I don't get up just look at the tree in front of me.

"I- I wish to apologize I shouldn't have hit you."

"You don't have to marry me if you don't want to," I reply.

"Can I sit down?" I scoot over on the bench a little. "I don't know how I feel," he says. "I've spent my whole life chasing after Cersei, she was all I ever wanted but then for the longest time I haven't been able to get you out of my head," I let his words wash over me as I continue to stare at the tree. "That first time I kissed you and then made a complete ass of myself... Well it was nice," he says. "It didn't leave me feeling slightly guilty, well the way I acted did, but the kiss itself didn't. I didn't feel like I had to hide. And then when Locke captured us all's I could think of was you, and that I hoped you were safe no matter what he did to me. Even when he took my hand my thoughts were on you. I love to tease you and make you blush. I love to see you smile and laugh. I- I think I love you. I'll give you some time to think and well here," he puts some flowers he obviously picked from the garden next to me and stands. As he starts to walk away I pick up and look at the flowers. I stand and run after him.

"Jaime!" he turns just in time for me to throw my arms around him. He stumbles a little bit but then he's holding me. I pull back and look up at him and then we're kissing. It's sweet and short but we're grinning at each other like fools. "We have a week," I say.

King Joffrey walks me down the aisle and gives me away to Jaime. I would have preferred anyone else but I got him. Well he wanted to, probably thinking it would torture me but seeing Jaime waiting for me made me forget and in the end it could have been a complete stranger who gave me away for all I cared. Our celebration afterwards wasn't as big as the Kings wedding was coming up but I didn't care. I danced with Tywin as was expected of me, and I danced with Jaime a lot, making him the first few times but then he just went with it starting to enjoy himself.

We snuck off before the bedding ceremony which was something neither of truly wanted to take part in. I was honestly terrified of this part and a whole bunch of people groping me was surly not to help. Jaime noticed something was wrong and when I confessed my fears he comforted me and promised to be as gentle as possible.