The King's Wedding

The morning of Margaery's wedding to King Joffrey dawns early for Jaime and I. I hadn't slept well, worrying over the idea of him dying and the things it could cause. As awful of a ruler he was, Jaime was right, I didn't want to see all those innocent people dying. I bathe myself before Felicity can come in while Jaime sits at the table fiddling with his stupid golden hand his father had given him, like it was supposed to make up for his lost hand. I sigh.

"Worrying about it isn't going to help," Jaime says.

"I can't help it. What if we can't stop it?"

"We've already talked about this. We don't know where Sansa gets the necklace, she doesn't even have it yet, so we'll just keep an eye on everything around us looking for anything suspicious. You talked to Sansa on more than one occasion telling her not to accept any necklaces from anyone."

"Why can't I see how she's supposed to get it though. It's like it's blocked off and I've done everything I can think of."

"Sweetheart, I don't know anymore than you do," he gets up and kneels behind me so I turn a little so I can look at him. "It'll be OK, we'll make it OK. I promise," he leans in and kisses me. 

"What if we aren't supposed to stop this?"

It's his turn to sigh and pull away to look at me, "I thought you said you didn't want all those innocents to die."

"But what if we could stop them?"

"Let's stick to the game plan, alright? Stopping his death. If it happens we'll deal with the aftermath, but we can only focus on this right now. It's the day of the wedding in case you forgot."

"How could I? I swear Margaery has never been this excited in her life, and Sansa is equally as excited that she doesn't have to marry him."

"How's Arya?" 

"Spending time with Gendry."

"Our new blacksmith?"

"Yes, our new blacksmith. Sansa says she's in love, but I think I would call it an infatuation."

"Oh to be young and in love."

"Hey!"

"I'm not young missy," he pulls me in for another kiss. "I never said I wasn't in love."

"I love you," I whisper loving the way it felt to tell him so and not feeling like an idiot or like it was wrong. This was something that we had and though it hadn't been more than two weeks, we both knew we were absolutely in love with the other on.

"Ser Jaime, you need to get ready for the wedding."

"Right," he kisses me again. "I'll see you soon," he yanks his hand off the table on his way out. 

"That thing is so ridiculous. I don't know what his father was thinking."

"I don't either. I see you bathed M'Lady. Allow me to wash your hair."

I stand with Arya and Sansa all three of us with our hair done, and beautiful dresses on and Jaime dressed up as well next to me. We were holding hands lightly between us, waiting for the wedding to be over. Sansa is smiling, while Arya looks to be bored out of her mind. I wish I could be either one of them in this moment as I watch them take their vows for each other, knowing that this might only last a few hours and then mess up the entire kingdom. 

We clap when it's over and the two of them walk out. "It's fine, it'll be fine," Jaime says quietly into my ear kissing the side of my head. I blush seeing Cersei staring at us. Jaime looks up and pulls me closer to him. "Look at me," I listen. "Ignore her, ignore everything else going on right now. Think, about tomorrow when we leave for Winterfell, because we will be leaving for Winterfell." I nod into him and he kisses my forehead. "Let's go join the party."