Chapter 20

And the man turned to the voice, his handsome facial features somewhat similar to Zhan's, thin lips with a small nose on which a pair of glasses was resting.

He was over fifty but his appearance was not saying so. She still looked 38. Elegant and stunning.

"Sean." His voice was a little raspy. He was neither surprised nor particularly happy to see his nephew after a long time.

Xiao Zhan bowed down to greet him and walked over to him. A smile appeared on Xiao Lin's lips.

“So you are back, welcome back” Xiao Lin said softly to Xiao Zhan and patted Zhan on the shoulder, Xiao Zhan looked at the hand which was patting his shoulder, said something.

"Meet my nephew and now IOD's President Xiao Zhan." Xiao Lin introduced Xiao Zhan to some of his friends, Xiao Zhan also bowed to them.

"Well then you are the young man who is being discussed" said one.

"You are handsome, I have heard that you have excellent Culinary Skills at your young age and you have also completed your MBA, This is worthy of praise "

The people standing there started talking about Xiao Zhan , Xiao Zhan looked at his uncle Lin, he was still in standing with a glass of wine, he didn't show any interest in what was happening there, until the wine in the glass didn't over.

"We used to call Xiao Lin grandmaster in college because of his culinary skills," said a woman who was same as his age.

Lin smiled upon hearing this.

"Yeah, and these qualities are the legacy of the Xiao family."

Many such things they talk there.

"Xiao Zhan is just like his father, isn't he?" Hearing this, Xiao Zhan's face turned livid.

"You guys think so?" Xiao Lin said, a sly smile playing on his lips. It was as if he was mocking Xiao Zhan.

Night was falling, deep and dark.

Although no one knew Wang Yibo there, but there some young madams liked him very much, some girls who were of the same age were standing around him and talking to him.

"Hehe... no, I'm nothing special," Wang Yibo said, but suddenly his eyes turned to the door.

He saw Xiao Zhan walking briskly outside. 'Where is he going , leaving me here,' thought Wang Yibo.

"Excuse me, I have to go," Wang Yibo said and tried to leave.

"But where are you going, our talk is not over yet and the party will continue for a long time," said a girl.

They did not want to let Wang Yibo go from there, but Wang Yibo excused himself and ran out of there where Xiao Zhan went before.

As soon as he stepped out the door, he saw that Xiao Zhan was about to leave Duan's compound.

"Mr. President" he ran after him, his call seemed like it didn't even reach Xiao Zhan's ear. He at once looked around him to see if anyone was watching him. It was good that no one was there to see them.

Shortly after, Xiao Zhan was walking unconscious in an alley and Wang Yibo was right behind him. Wang Yibo didn't understand why Zhan was like this today. Why did he suddenly come from the party leaving him alone?

Xiao Zhan's footsteps stopped on the footpath along Shanghai's riverside, leaning against the railing just to gaze calmly at the water.

His hair was fluttering in the cold wind. It was late in the night and the movement of people was decreasing.

He was looking in that direction, when a hand appeared in front of him, holding a cup containing hot chocolate.

He looked at the person who was holding the cup. Wang Yibo smiled.

" Today is too cold "

Xiao Zhan didn't say anything and once again looked at the slow flowing river beyond the railing.

"That's how you'll freeze"

" Get out of here "

"What? Where? You brought me here. I don't even know anyone in Shanghai, where will I go?" Wang Yibo shouted.

"don't bother me"

Wang Yibo didn't say anything for a while. He silently looked at Xiao Zhan.

"Someone told me that sharing sorrows reduces sorrows."

" must be an idiot have said"

"yeah and i call that idiot boss hmmp"

Xiao Zhan let out a long sigh. After thinking for a while, he extended his hand, Wang Yibo looked at his hand which had turned red from the cold.

Yibo give the cup in Xiao Zhan's hand, he pressed both his hands together.

"Its warm to warm your hands, your hands are too cold," Wang Yibo said.

Both of them were sipping from their cups, from which the sound of rustling was coming. The heat of the hot chocolate helped to warm his body a bit. Its sweetness was also the reason for that slight smile of Xiao Zhan.

"It's good isn't it?"

"Hmm"

Wang Yibo looked at Xiao Zhan, as it was clear from his voice that he was upset about something.

"There were people talking about me at the party," Xiao Zhan said in a low voice. "My uncle was also there......"

" Everyone says I am like my father. Handsome , Talented "

Wang Yibo was listening to him, his brows raised. Isn't it common for people to compare his father and son , so why did Xiao Zhan come here like this?

"So isn't that a good thing?" Wang Yibo asked.

"Not at all"

"Huh?"

"I don't know what that person looked like, what kind of person he was......but yes he must be irresponsible and a crafty ."

Wang Yibo had many questions in his mind. Xiao Zhan was twelve years old when his father died then how come he hasn't seen his father and why is he saying so. Xiao Zhan said before Wang Yibo could say anything.

"Pa and Ma adopted me. I was four years old then"

"All I remember is that it was my third birthday. I was happy that the lady was taking me to the amusement park. I don't remember what she looked like, just a hazy memory."

"She was busy every day but that day we were together all day and I was very happy"

"It's evening and it's time for us to go home. She bought me fairy floss and made me sit on a bench and told me to wait for a while, she will come soon"

"A-xian will you wait here for momma, momma has an important job?" The woman was hesitant to say this.

"But momma, were we about to go home?"

"Huh? That…" Maybe she had no words.

"But she never came back. Police searched a lot but could not find any trace of her. I was sent to an orphanage and after some time Ma and Pa came into my life...... After the accident, I have only grandmother. "

"Was I so bad that she didn't come back?" There was a great grife in his voice.

Both remained silent.

"Maybe she wanted to give you a good life but couldn't and she is ashamed. Maybe she can't see you in trouble in front of her eyes, maybe that's why........"

"Do you think so?" Xiao Zhan asked, looking at Wang Yibo.

"Mm....if that satisfies you, then go for it," Wang Yibo said.

"You're right." Xiao Zhan smiled.

•••••••••••••