20

"Wake up."

Finnick's eyes snapped opened, almost fearfully at the command but, he let out heavy breath of relief when he realized nothing was wrong. For the first time ever, nothing was wrong, and no one was scared.

"What?" He smiled nervously.

"I've been telling you all week," Finnick cut the voice off with a breathy chuckled, "Finnick! I'm serious."

"Well, don't be."

Kaianna finally let out the scoff she had been holding in, "Katniss and Peeta will be here in no time, wake up!"

At those words, he was sat up straight, "Easy, killer," She couldn't go easy. She lost sight on how to. It had been one year since they had won the fight for their freedom. Two years since Katniss had assassinated Coin, almost to the day and they could finally do whatever they wanted. She probably wouldn't slow down any time soon, and Finnick understood that. That's why he always took the time to remind her, "we have time."

The woman nodded thoughtfully at the reminder, and relaxed back into the bed frame. Finnick propped himself back on his elbow, and leaned over to brush one of Kaianna's dutch braids off of her soft shoulder before kissing it tenderly.

"Mmm," He hummed approvingly, "you smell like coconuts."

"Do I," Kaianna smirked at his barley audible response, "I used that new body wash."

"Oh- wait," Finnick sat back up and his smile dropped slightly, "mine?"

He started to grin wickedly as Kaianna inched herself out of the bed with a guilty expression. She went to make an escape but, didn't get very far due to Finnick predicting her next move. He gently tossed her back into the silky teal bed sheets and tickled her wildly, grinning uncontrollably from the genuine laughter roaring out of her throat. Pure joy glowed under her tan skin, sending a feeling of comfort, fluttering through his chest.

"What," Finnick was brought out of his daze, and into the realization that he had stopped tickling Kaianna, and was now staring at her. Like a physco, "why are you looking at me like that?"

He let his eyes flutter over her face, examining her features like his life depended on it. Studying each dimple, and every freckle, like he didn't already know them like the back of his hand. Losing himself in her eyes like it was last time his would ever meet them. Without missing another beat, he leaned down and kissed her passionately, but carefully.

"I love you." He breathed out.

Kaianna grinned brightly at the words, remembering the first time they finally left his lips.

---------

Kaianna rubbed the beige colored towel over her body gently after picking it out of the white sand. She had been home for three days, with nothing, and no one but the ocean to accompany her. Not that she minded. After all that was her favorite place to be.

She walked further and further from the blue-green waves, and found her way to the walkway of gray stone that led to her back door. The loud, wild sea water reminded her of a certain pair of eyes. That made her like it even more. She loved it. Kaianna swallowed the feeling, as she opened the golden knob on the rustic maple door.

It had been three days, and she hadn't heard from Finnick. She hadn't heard from anyone. She assumed it was for the best. Kaianna shook her head at the wave of disappointment washing in, as she stepped through the wood floors of her beach styled home lightly, passing through the white walls to reach her bathroom. She pulled her white one piece off quickly, before stepping into the shower, and setting the water to warm.