08

I've never been so bored in my entire life. I spent the entire day following around Max, Checo and Christian, to every interview, to every press conference, to every random question asked on the side of the road, holding my phone out and recording what was being said.

"You'll need to forward all of those to Andrea, she'll take care of the manuscript" mother informs me as we hop into the car on the way back to the Villa.

"I get it's important to have copies of what is being said, but aren't they all media trained enough now, knowing what to say and what not to say to the press? And plus, no matter what they say, the press will swing it whatever way they need to, to fit their story" I groan.

"Oh, Evelyn, this isn't about keeping tabs on what Red Bull is saying, this is to keep tabs on what journalists are asking what questions, what they are trying to figure out. If Andrea feels they are being too sceptical or manipulative, we blacklist them." Her tone matching the smugness on her face.

I roll my eyes and look out the window. This sport is so calculated. When did it go further than just who can drive around the circle the quickest? I understand there is so much more to it than that, but there's all these little factors that are constructed underneath the table.

"Pulling in now" – Evelyn.

I send a quick message off to Lando as our car approaches the Villa.

"Can't wait to see you, reservations are in 90 minutes" – Lando.

I look down at the outfit I am wearing and try and calculate if it's date worthy.

I have enough time to change though, so I think I'll wear my new black jumpsuit. I bought it over the winter break during the summer sales. Rarely did I ever need to shop the sales, but this one was hard to pass up. It was a stunning Saint Laurent embellished cut-out satin and velvet jumpsuit. It was actually jaw droppingly beautiful, but I never knew where I could wear it. I just knew I had to have it.

I say goodbye to mother in the lobby and head in the direction of our suite.

"Where are you going?" Mother calls out.

I halt in place and immediately realise my mistake; I have to think quickly.

"I'm just going to see how his day was." I lie.

Mother eyes me for a moment, forgetting I'm nearly 23. "Very well"

I turn on my heel and dart down the hall before she can catch up on my secrets.

Cutting across the back courtyard, I approach our villa and find Lando outside by the pool. A matching navy cotton shorts and button up tee settling on him perfectly.

"Hey baby" he acknowledges as I approach.

I groan and lower my bag closer to the ground, acting like I'm dragging it along behind me, my shoulders slumped.

"Big day?" he asks.

I hold up my right arm, "If it could talk, it'd scream" I exaggerate, referring to how much I feel my arm worked out today.

He chuckles and leans up slightly to match my lips as I bend to his level.

I rotate down so I'm seated in front of him, his legs parting as I do, allowing me the space between them. Leaning back on his chest he brings his hands up to my shoulders, pressing firmly in a squeeze multiple times to relax my tense muscles.

I allow my head to drift back and relax on his shoulder, letting out a moan.

"Shower and then we'll eat okay?" he suggests whilst continuing his massage.