14

I spend the next three and a half weeks away from Formula 1 and I've missed three of the races. Australia, Azerbaijan and the Miami Grand Prix. I've been keeping in contact with Lando most nights when we schedule our usual midnight for him phone calls. 

Apparently the last few races have gone a little better for Lando, which I hoped had helped with his moods. Hoping that by the time I get back to the paddock that part of his life has less stressors. 

In Australia, Lando finished P1, Max in P2 and Lewis in P3. Azerbaijan had a turn for the worst for Red Bull with both cars experiencing a mechanical fail leaving Lando to take the checkered flag, Carlos coming in second and Fernando taking 3rd and Miami showed the same result as Australia. Lando having a solid lead in the championship now above Max. 

When I walked out of Chelsea Westminster that day, Charles and I never exchanged another word to each other. I didn't need to worry about leaving him on read anymore as there were no more messages to ignore. 

I'd spent most of my free time indulging in the finer things in life, attending yoga classes, pottery workshops and even took a guided tour of the London Art Gallery, which I haven't had to do since middle school. Charlotte and I made it a daily habit to trial a new cafe every single day and rate our honest opinions on her instagram page where she had over 5 million followers from her modelling aspects of her life. 

Which is one of the reasons we are currently seated at the Monocle Cafe, snapping pictures of our lunch as if it were a major celebrity. 

"So, are you going back?" Charlotte asks me just as I capture the perfect imagine. 

I exhale an exaggerated breath, "Yes" groaning. 

"Good girl, I'm proud of you, but I am going to miss this" she expresses. 

"You know what, so am I" I confess, and I will. Johan and I have been in contact through text most days, but he's so busy at the moment with Gabriel and with Red Bull, I'm actually glad to be taking a step away from that and letting him do his thing. 

"You have to promise to call, and keep me updated" she gushes. 

I finally take a bite into my lunch after it had been sitting there for 10 minutes whilst we capture the perfect shot, bringing question to the reliability of the review, if we are eating it cold. 

"Of course, and you have to come and visit if you get some time off, come and see a race" I offer, watching her face screw up a little at the thought. 

"Sounds... loud" she admits, shaking her head of the idea. 

"Oh come on, you get to hang out with me" I excite, opening my hands like I'm some sort of prize. 

"Well how could I pass up on that" she expresses with a chuckle. "Have you told Lando you're coming back?" she asks, her tone slightly changing. 

"Yeah I did. I told him I'd meet him tomorrow in Imola" I reply. 

"That's where the next race is?" she asks. 

"Yeah, Imola and then Monaco, oh my god, can you come to Monaco?" I beam. 

She chuckles, "When is it?" 

I flick open my phone and pull up the schedule, "Its at the end of the month" I inform. 

"Let me see what I can do. Monaco is literally one of my favourite places ever" she denoted. 

"Mine too" we are interrupted by my phone buzzing, Lando's ID flashing across the screen. "I should take this" I inform as I stand up, leaving a clump of cash on the bench, giving her a huge hug and waving goodbye.