11

Two weeks later and we are touching down in Saudi Arabia ready for the second race of the season.

The past two weeks have been overwhelming. I feel like I'm losing relationships with both Lando and with Charles. Charles hasn't spoken to me once over the past two weeks.

Every time he's with Maddie, he avoids making eye contact with me, I've been following their progress on Maddie's Instagram who likes to capture every waking minute of their lives on film.

I know what Charles and her have had for breakfast, lunch and dinner the past 14 days thanks to those uploads.

And Lando, since his loss in Bahrain, he's spending more and more time with the team, working out how to improve. He doesn't like to lose, I know that much about him.

Which has left me wandering around aimlessly.

Johan and Gabriel have been spending all their time together and I'm so happy for him. Gabriel is helping Johan feel so confident in his true self, it's so nice to see him fully come alive. I just know that when the time does come for him to introduce Gabriel to the family, they'll love him just as I have come to.

"Have you told Lando about Florence yet?" Johan asks as we sit down for lunch at the paddock's cafeteria.

I look at him, my expression giving myself away.

"You need to" he warns.

"What's in Florence?" Gabriel asks, sipping his iced tea.

"Ev got accepted for this amazing summer program. The best emerging artists from all over the world attend" Johan gushes, filling my heart with joy.

"And what's that got to do with Lando?" He asks.

"Lando's planned a romantic summer vacation for them at the same time as the summer program" Johan gossips as if I'm not even sitting here.

"That's so sweet, where is he taking you?" Gabriel directs toward me.

However, Johan cuts in, "umm, excuse me. She's not going. She's going to Florence"

"Can't Lando just vacation with you in Florence?" Gabriel suggests.

I shake my head through a mouthful of pineapple juice. "The program is set for like 10-12 hours a day and Lando isn't one to just sit around and wait for me to finish"

"You mean like you do for him, day in and day out" Johan sasses.

I roll my eyes and kick him underneath the table.

"I'm just saying" he holds his hands up in defeat. "How is he today?"

"Better" I announce, "I think qualifying P1 yesterday helped his confidence for today."

"He's got Max right beside him, so it won't last long" Johan mocks and I send another kick his way. "Owe!"

"You forget my situation" I remind.

"I don't, I'm just not the one in it" he teases.

"Rude, but whatever" I slide my chair back and make my way down to the pit wall where mother is located next to Christian.

"Afternoon" I announce on my arrival. Mother simply looks at me through the side of her glasses.

"How are you, Evelyn?" Christian at least pretends to care.

"Well Thankyou, Christian, and yourself"

"Will be better once today is over and we come home with the trophy" and I can't tell if it's a stab or not.