Hope

Lily and James had been together for a whole year. It had been a year of arguments, pranks, and fun. But most of all it had been a year full of love. They were the Hogwarts power couple, loved by all students (except my Severus and his friends) often found in heated debate about one thing or other, yet it was clear to all that they were desperately in love. 

It was their anniversary. They were sat in the Three Broomsticks with two butter beers, reminiscing. 

"I never really hated you, you know that Potter?" Lily burst out. "I tried to. I really did. You were infuriating and drove me insane, but I never could make myself hate you."

James smiled at her. He knew that, of course. He found it amusing that she thought he didn't know. 

"You can be pretty infuriating too, you know." Lily dug her elbow into his side. James took the chance to pull her closer to him, so that they were now cuddled together in their booth. "I think it is actually impossible to hate you Lily. You are amazing. So kind and loving. I just can't believe you chose me."

Lily leant back into James, his arms tightening around her. "I can't believe you chose me." James smiled, pressing his lips to Lily's hair. It was funny to him that Lily thought that she was the one that was lucky. He had loved her ever since he had laid eyes on her. It had taken her longer to fall. 

"I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." James said into Lily's hair. 

"Me too. What do you think our lives will look like?" Lily thought out loud. 

"Well we'll be married..."

"Hmm if you ever ask me." 

James chuckled, Lily had been dropping hints for weeks now. Little did she know that he had bought a ring the same colour as her eyes before she even said yes to a date. He was planning to wait until her birthday. 

"Anyways, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted." This earned another dig in the ribs from Lily making James smile harder.

"We will be married and live in a little house in the countryside with 4 kids..."

"Two boys and two girls."

"Ok, two boys and two girls. And Sirius will live with us too."

Lily laughed before stating firmly "Sirius can live next door."

James sulked, "Fine, Sirius can live next door and babysit whenever we need a break."

"Or some alone time" Lily winked.

James laughed again, "Yeah. Or some alone time. I will be a famous quidditch player and you will be a famous potion-brewer."

"Yeah or maybe an author, oooh or a potion inventor. That's pretty cool!"

"Yeah, you'll be doing something cool I'm sure."

"And if the famous quidditch player doesn't work out you'll work at the ministry and become minister of magic."

"I don't think I could take a desk job."

"Fair enough. You'll be a dragon master. That's cool. I'd like to be able to say I married a dragon master. I'll be a dragon master's wife. That sounds like a cool book title. Hmmm."

James laughed at Lily's wondering mind. "Yeah. We'll both find some really cool job."

"And our kids will grow up and go to Hogwarts."

"Yeah and our son..."

"Or daughter."

"Yeah or daughter could become the best quidditch player ever seen."

"That would be pretty awesome." Lily has a happy smile on her face. "What do you think our kids would be like?"

"If they are anything like you they'll be amazing." James smiles. 

"Yeah, we'll be their parents so they will be pretty amazing." Lily smiles and turns to look at James. "Potter?"

"Yes Lilypad"

"Do you think we'll be good parents?"

James smiles and kisses Lily on the nose. "Yeah. You're going to be the best mum ever, because you're awesome. And I love you so so much that I can't wait to love our kids just as much."

Lily smiles, content. "I can't wait to grow up and live life with you James Potter."

"I can't wait to grow up and live life with you too Lily Evans." 

Lily reaches up and kisses James, both of them happy and content, drunk with love and hope.