9: Pax is not a good name

🇨 🇭 🇦 🇵 🇹 🇪 🇷  🇳 🇮 🇳 🇪 ༄⁂CHIARA DIDN'T KNOW HOW she ended up in a New Rome coffe shop with Nico drinking coffee

CHIARA DIDN'T KNOW HOW she ended up in a New Rome coffe shop with Nico drinking coffee. After the Senate meeting he had asked to meet with her privately -without Hazel- making her curious. It worsened when she saw how nervous he seemed, fidgeting with his ring and sipping coffee like he were on a late night show.

"Nico what's wrong?" She said furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nothing to worry about sorella." Nico replied avoiding her eyes. "What happened on the senate meeting?" (Sorella=sister)

"Oh." Chiara exclaimed. "We were discussing about the quest and I mentioned the things you had told me about the Underworld and Alcyoneus. Reyna might want to talk to you later she seemed worried."

"Okay..." Nico sighed once he heard her as if it was a great chance to hop on the topic. "I'm not really sure if she'll get the chance to."

"Why? I thought you would stay for at least two weeks. I'm starting to miss you Nico." She said in a sweeter voice. "Where are you gonna go anyway?"

"Um-" Nico sighed as if he was about to admit to a murder -which was actually a possibility considering his past and his ability to get offended easily. "Look, before I came here I spent time with dad in the Underworld."

"I'm aware." Chiara said with a curious smile unsure of the reason he would bring that up.

"Long story short..." Nico paused momentarily before he rushed out, "I'm-going-to-go-find-the Doors-of-Death." Chiara narrowed her eyes at him, slightly glaring and well she figured Nico was intimidated as he avoided her gaze and looked down like a lost puppy -a truly rare occurrence for the Great Nico Di Angelo, still one he withheld from everyone except his older sister-.

"No, you're not." Chiara simply replied suddenly feeling a weight start to build up inside her chest. There was no way she would let her baby brother go through such a terrifying and dangerous experience. "Nico, I know how capable you are of doing great stuff, but for fuck's shake you're a kid. I am not letting you do that."

"Sorella, stop acting like you are such an adult, you're only two years older." Nico started getting more tense too, he managed to keep that to himself though as his goal was to calm Chiara down not stress her furthermore.
"I am not asking for your permission, I'm informing you."

"Nico, look I really don't want you to hate me when I say this." Chiara sighed trying to keep her voice sturdy and not break or get higher than needed.

"Sorella, you might be the only person I'll never be able to hate." He reassured her having noticed her discomfort.

"I don't trust you enough to let you go there all alone." Chiara explained calmly. "You're completely skilled and everything but you're also way too proud for your own good. You never know when to back off." She added quickly as to not give him time to misinterpret her words. "Please, wait for me to get back from my quest and we'll go together."