12 : obsessing and dream analyzing

🇨 🇭 🇦 🇵 🇹 🇪 🇷  🇹 🇼 🇪 🇱 🇻 🇪 ༄⁂IT TOOK THEM FIVE MINUTES to get out and see what Iris was talking about

IT TOOK THEM FIVE MINUTES to get out and see what Iris was talking about. After Percy received a tie-dye man snatchel from Fleecy, they all drew out their weapons and joined Frank. Unlike what Chiara expected; Frank still fighting a bunch of snake-monster creatures, the sight infront of them was Frank standing all alone with the weapon Mars gave him. She did feel death in the air but that didn't explain much.

"What's going on?" she asked.

Percy turned in a circle, looking for enemies. "Iris told us you were out here battling the basilisks by yourself, and we were like, What? We came as fast as we could. What happened?"

"I'm not sure," Frank admitted.

Hazel crouched next to the dirt where Gray disappeared. "I sense death. Either Nico has been here or...the basilisks are dead?"

Percy stared at him in awe. "You killed them all?"

"Gods! Well done, Frank." Chiara said in awe, though Frank seemed to be too preoccupied with his own thoughts to notice.

"Thanks a lot, Dad," he grumbled.

"What?" Hazel asked. "Frank, are you okay?"

"I'll explain later," he said. "Right now, there's a blind man in Portland we've got to see."

When sailing north, moving towards Portland Chiara had one thing in mind -what the fuck did the Cyclop meant when he mentioned Jason-. It was a hard topic on her tongue and to get away from these thoughts, she analyzed her quest-mates coming to these conclusions: Hazel spent an extraordinary amount of time staring at Frank, him blushing when he caught her eyes, to her defense she had a look of worry and pride -even affection although she wouldn't admit it-. Frank had a tight jaw as he was observed the sea, lost in his thoughts, only ever breaking his stern expression to give a half smile to Hazel.

Percy face and aura reflected self-doubt and misery. Maybe it had something to do with the bag that was definitely not his color, maybe he felt bad for the way he acted inside the shop, maybe he was still disappointed for not being able to reach Annabeth, anyhow, Chiara couldn't tell what the root of the issue was. It could be the bag, which he disliked that much that he got as far away from him as he could. She was certain that if the man snatchel hadn't had supplies inside - vitamin-enriched pastries, dried fruit leather, macrobiotic beef jerky, and a few crystals for good luck-, he would have thrown it into the ocean.

If it was the breaking down indeed, he was stupid to worry, they were on a damn quest it was bound to happen to someone. It nearly happened to her, and it would probably happen to Hazel and Frank too. He would tell him so too, if only the topic on her mind didn't shift once again. Like usually going back to Jason.

She had many questions, but the one that haunted her mind, was the one she hated to admit. Who the fuck was Piper? Chiara didn't remember any Piper when she had visited Camp Half-Blood; if Percy had his memories she would be nagging him for details. To have allegedly destroyed the Cyclops' home she'd have to be of a certain age, she wouldn't have been able to do that without training; if she did have no training that made Chiara even more distraught.